Anybody carry a blade?

over9five

Staff member
16054518120209126396714585006920.jpg

Carried this back in the day as a Package Driver. A necessity for COD tags and when we used to have to pull and fill out next day and second day labels.
Now it just sits in a drawer...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I carried this Gerber multi-tool in my lunchbox for twenty years with no problem. That knife blade is still very sharp.
91475B48-1D1D-460A-B681-21FF77FF9D35.jpeg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Such dangerous weapons. Truly terrifying and something no one needs to have in a civilized society. LMGDMFAO!!! 😂😂😂 LOL!

20201115_120300.jpg

Zowert

I keep a 3.5” folding pocket knife (that locks) in my package car. I don’t always have it on my person though. I usually put it in my back pocket if I’m heading into a sketchy part of my route. Pretty much every driver at my center carries some kind of blade. Management doesn’t care as long as they’re legal to carry, so three and a half inches or under.

I have an elderly customer who gets medical supplies shipped to them on a regular basis. These boxes come in a stack with several nylon bands holding them together. I always whip my knife out and cut the bands for her. She’s like 90 something living on her own, so I’ll knock, wait the five minutes it takes for her to get to the door then stack them inside her house. Other than protection against mean dogs and crazy people, a blade is a great utility.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

Seriously though...

I see some guys carrying pocket knives because they think it looks cool.

They haven't trained with it, sharpened it or even know it's multiple capabilities.

They'd probably be beaten half to death and never even think to use it or how to draw it...

Threads gonna get people hurt.
This logic is so flawed. It’s comical. You are driving back to the building, get caught up by joggers and peaceful protestors. 4 guys grab you out of the truck because you are too scared to run them over

option a. No knife....Attempt to fight off the group, hope you don’t end up like the truck driver during the Rodney King riots or worse

option b. While on the ground or tussling, grab the knife and start poking fools.

you can choose option a, I’ll go with option b. Training..... we all understand, a knife will cut. I learned that before I was in school. A knife self defense class will be out the window when your in the heat of a battle for your life Obviously a blade is your last line of defense. Situational awareness should be your first. A Proper knife with a good grip will prevent you from injuring your self.

prisoners seem very comfortable with poked or blades, they must have be trained?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
This logic is so flawed. It’s comical. You are driving back to the building, get caught up by joggers and peaceful protestors. 4 guys grab you out of the truck because you are too scared to run them over

option a. No knife....Attempt to fight off the group, hope you don’t end up like the truck driver during the Rodney King riots or worse

option b. While on the ground or tussling, grab the knife and start poking fools.

you can choose option a, I’ll go with option b. Training..... we all understand, a knife will cut. I learned that before I was in school. A self knife defense class will be out the window when your in the heat of a battle for your life A Proper knife with a good grip will prevent you from injuring your self.
$100 for anyone who can make sense of this

rod

Retired 22 years

you can choose option a, I’ll go with option b. Training..... we all understand, a knife will cut. I learned that before I was in school. A knife self defense class will be out the window when your in the heat of a battle for your life Obviously a blade is your last line of defense. Situational awareness should be your first. A Proper knife with a good grip will prevent you from injuring your self.

prisoners seem very comfortable with poked or blades, they must have be trained?
I would go for Option C-- Floor it and run over a couple dozen of those bastards.

rod

Retired 22 years
My older brother, while in the Navy traveling the world in the late 60's, collected switch blades and stillettos. The REAL ones that would land you in jail if you were even caught with them. He got most of them in Mexico, Italy and Spain. When he died they all disappeared and no family member will admit to taking them.

sailfish

My older brother, while in the Navy traveling the world, collected switch blades and stillettos. The REAL ones that would land you in jail if you were even caught with them. When he died they all disappeared and no family member will admit to taking them.
Those are legal in most places now. PA is one of the few gay states left where they still aren't.

oldngray

nowhere special
My older brother, while in the Navy traveling the world in the late 60's, collected switch blades and stillettos. The REAL ones that would land you in jail if you were even caught with them. He got most of them in Mexico, Italy and Spain. When he died they all disappeared and no family member will admit to taking them.
Weird laws for switchblades here. Legal to buy in kit form but illegal when you put it together. They aren't even very good knives anyway.

rod

Retired 22 years
Those are legal in most places now. PA is one of the few gay states left where they still aren't.
A TRUE switch blade is illegal as hell. I'm talking the spring loaded ones--not those kiddie knives they sell now that you flick open with your finger. With a true stiletto knife the blade is spring loaded and shoots straight out of the handle. You hold it against a person and press the button and instant stab.

sailfish

A TRUE switch blade is illegal as hell. I'm talking the spring loaded ones--not those kiddie knives they sell now that you flick open with your finger. With a true stiletto knife the blade is spring loaded and shoots straight out of the handle. You hold it against a person and press the button and instant stab.
I'm talking about OTF and automatics too. Perfectly legal in most states now.

rod

Retired 22 years
Weird laws for switchblades here. Legal to buy in kit form but illegal when you put it together. They aren't even very good knives anyway.
Modern ones probably aren't. I'm talking old school when they were made for a nasty purpose--not as a novelty as the ones now days I'm guessing are.

rod

Retired 22 years
Well I learned something new. I was wrong about "automatic" knives. I will say a 2 inch blade is almost laughable though.

sailfish

Well I learned something new. I was wrong about "automatic" knives. I will say a 2 inch blade is almost laughable though.

The blade limit is a Commiefornia thing. Most OTF's have a nearly four inch blade.

rod

Retired 22 years
Modern ones probably aren't. I'm talking old school when they were made for a nasty purpose--not as a novelty as the ones now days I'm guessing are.
While reading through the laws of different states it appears that 40 states allow ownership of "switchblades" but not all of those allow you to carry them. Keep them at home to jerk off over but don't you dare walk out the door with one in your pocket.