Anyone Afraid Of Inflation?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
why was there no inflation after 2008? stock market and housing prices got inflated. did we not print enough trillions? the anti inflationists dont understand economics.
So no Inflation you are saying? Did we print money then like we are now?

rickyb

im not sure if we printed more, but we printed trillions of dollars. i would guess we are printing more now. it plays into my decay theory of america where things get worse and worse.

maybe the rich :censored2:s should refund the money we printed for them if they are so concerned about inflation and go bankrupt like a good bunch of principled capitalists they claim to be.

check out steve keen on this subject. maybe michael hudson as well.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I don't think the money is actually being used to buy goods and services. It's floating around the stock market or held by foreign investors.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So this is pretty simple concept in my eyes. Sure trillions of dollars have been printed but you or I or the millions of other simple folk will never see it so it won’t lead to inflation.

Jeff Bezos being worth 900 million vs worth 1.5 trillion is insignificant in the world of inflation.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
More rounds of government stimulus programs this year are likely to cause a boom that overheats the post-pandemic economy, which might result in higher inflation. The government’s overly generous extended unemployment benefits could frustrate policymakers’ goal of achieving full employment while driving up wage inflation.

rickyb

More rounds of government stimulus programs this year are likely to cause a boom that overheats the post-pandemic economy, which might result in higher inflation. The government’s overly generous extended unemployment benefits could frustrate policymakers’ goal of achieving full employment while driving up wage inflation.
theyve been worrying about inflation for 13 years now. how long has japan been doing it for, 30 years?

bbsam

Staff member
1623561437976.gif