Anyone Else Sick Of The Bid Process?

Pip

I guess the bidding process depends on which end of the ladder your on.

If you had your way( not directed at anybody in particular), and could do away with the bidding process, what would be the best way to keep it fair for all, that everybody would be happy?

satellitedriver

I guess the bidding process depends on which end of the ladder your on.

If you had your way( not directed at anybody in particular), and could do away with the bidding process, what would be the best way to keep it fair for all, that everybody would be happy?

I dunno,
Arm wrestle for it?
The loser still isn't going to be happy.

Penguin

I hate the bid process. I've seen too many people with a lot less seniority then me, get jobs that I'd love to have. :mad:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hate the bid process. I've seen too many people with a lot less seniority then me, get jobs that I'd love to have. :mad:

Penguin,
If you have more seniority and are qualified for the position, then how is a less senior person getting the Bid? Like Big Babooba suggested, you should grieve it.:confused:1

Penguin

Penguin,
If you have more seniority and are qualified for the position, then how is a less senior person getting the Bid? Like Big Babooba suggested, you should grieve it.:confused:1

I've never filed a grievance before. I don't exactly know the ins and outs of what you can grieve over. :mellow:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I've never filed a grievance before. I don't exactly know the ins and outs of what you can grieve over. :mellow:

Ask your Shop Steward or Teamster Business Agent, that is what they are for. If what you said is true, this is a slam-dunk win. If it is a Bid
Position and you are qualified and have seniority, you should get the job. That is what seniority is all about. If you are being done wrong, you have to stand up and say something, thats how things get fixed.