Anyone having similiar problems with your benefits?

The Milkman

Just wondering because the last 2 times I went to my doctor he wrote me some scripts that go to our mail order company Express Scripts. I have been on these same meds for about 10 years, now they are telling me that according to "Their recommendations" that I am taking too many and they won't fill for the same amount monthly that I have been getting for years. I talk to my doctor and he shakes his head wondering why? He said others have no problems and the dosages I am on are on the lighter side of strength. I have had a couple of long talks with the folks at Express Scripts and told them I don't want THEM telling me what or how many pills I should take daily. I told them that I thought UPS was ordering these denials and that I want my doctor to tell me what is good for me not UPS. So I had to lower the monthly amount for them to fill it after 2 scripts were cancelled. My wife takes the same exact meds as me and she no longer is on my benefit pkg as she turned 65 a while back, her mail in pharmacy fills hers no problem? Go figure. So next May when I hit 65 I will then switch to her plan and start getting the script's filled without the runaround. Also I have been getting some dental refusals for routine dental care. I know some locals do not have dental but again claims that were paid are now being denied, when in the past there was never a problem especially with the dental benefits. I am beginning to wonder if UPS is just trying to squeeze us retirees and telling Aetna to tighten their grip on us. So again tomorrow I will be on the phone with Aetna again asking them what is going on? Even in retirement UPS still makes it difficult on us one way or the other. Again folks it seems this past year it has been getting worse. Can anyone relate?

The Milkman

What benefits?

Can you read? Most of us I would think understand what I meant. Let me enlighten you. Medical benefits are for you medical needs, Hospital, doctors etc. You more than likely have a prescription plan also that is included for medicine like pills for sickness and other disorders. A dental plan provides you with dental care if you have problems with the teeth in your mouth. Unless you are a P/Ter you and have not received them yet. Be patient and in due time you will have them. These things are paid for by the company, for you and your family to use as needed if a medical need arises or a dental problem occurs. Benefits were earned over the years by former employees and included in contracts to raise our standard of living. Sadly today they are being watered down by current employees by givebacks that in the long run hurt everyone including yourself. Maybe you don't have them anymore, Sounds like you are unaware of them. Please ask a Steward or BA to help explain to you what's left of them. have a nice day

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Can you read? Most of us I would think understand what I meant. Let me enlighten you. Medical benefits are for you medical needs, Hospital, doctors etc. You more than likely have a prescription plan also that is included for medicine like pills for sickness and other disorders. A dental plan provides you with dental care if you have problems with the teeth in your mouth. Unless you are a P/Ter you and have not received them yet. Be patient and in due time you will have them. These things are paid for by the company, for you and your family to use as needed if a medical need arises or a dental problem occurs. Benefits were earned over the years by former employees and included in contracts to raise our standard of living. Sadly today they are being watered down by current employees by givebacks that in the long run hurt everyone including yourself. Maybe you don't have them anymore, Sounds like you are unaware of them. Please ask a Steward or BA to help explain to you what's left of them. have a nice day

I do believe that I told you before that not all retirement plans offer retiree insurance, including mine.

Stop whining.

The Milkman

I do believe that I told you before that not all retirement plans offer retiree insurance, including mine.

Stop whining.

I am not whining. I do understand that not all retirees have insurance benefits. I wonder why? Oh well. Was just wondering if others like myself were having problems, that's all. An adult type question is all I asked. I am thinking that you may be one of those on the short end of retirement benefits or currently working ones

oldupsman

I am not whining. I do understand that not all retirees have insurance benefits. I wonder why? Oh well. Was just wondering if others like myself were having problems, that's all. An adult type question is all I asked. I am thinking that you may be one of those on the short end of retirement benefits or currently working ones

I know you and I pretty much had the same UPS health care plan before the last contract. Probably have the same
one now since you were out of Jersey and I was out of Philly. Overall the cost of everything went through the roof,
not only the monthly premium but the cost of prescriptions. Haven't noticed a change lately. I turn 65 in Feb. I've got a meeting with my insurance
professional this week to decide what I'm going to do with supplemental. I'm sure UPS can't wait to get me off the books.
Yeah well, the feeling is mutual.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know you and I pretty much had the same UPS health care plan before the last contract. Probably have the same
one now since you were out of Jersey and I was out of Philly. Overall the cost of everything went through the roof,
not only the monthly premium but the cost of prescriptions. Haven't noticed a change lately. I turn 65 in Feb. I've got a meeting with my insurance
professional this week to decide what I'm going to do with supplemental. I'm sure UPS can't wait to get me off the books.

Medicare is going to feel like a pay raise to you. Don't be cheap with the supplemental. I have the "friend"plan and when I was diagnosed with cancers in 2008.......my bills were out of this world and I never heve to pay for chemo (12,000.00 a session), scans ($4000 to $6000), newulasta shots ($7000.00 each one) Everyone thinks they are gonna be OK, but usually after 65 is when the hard stuff hits.

The thing about the plan you pick....you're stuck with it 'til the next pick time. I am never quitting the "friend" plan.....they may not offer it as a choice if you want to come back.

Hubby's brother went for the cheapest supplemental and he pays out co-pays and other expenses that come to way more $$ than our monthly payment. I pay no co-pay.

The Milkman

I turn 65 in May so like you said Ups can't wait to boot us off the benefit pkg we earned

oldupsman

Medicare is going to feel like a pay raise to you. Don't be cheap with the supplemental. I have the "friend"plan and when I was diagnosed with cancers in 2008.......my bills were out of this world and I never heve to pay for chemo (12,000.00 a session), scans ($4000 to $6000), newulasta shots ($7000.00 each one) Everyone thinks they are gonna be OK, but usually after 65 is when the hard stuff hits.

The thing about the plan you pick....you're stuck with it 'til the next pick time. I am never quitting the "friend" plan.....they may not offer it as a choice if you want to come back.

Hubby's brother went for the cheapest supplemental and he pays out co-pays and other expenses that come to way more $$ than our monthly payment. I pay no co-pay.

Thanks for the advice. I already told the insurance person I don't want any surprises. I'd much rather pay a higher premium for a good
plan. Plus my wife has some health issues already. With the costs today going cheap is not a good idea.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

What do you pay on a monthly basis?

moreluck

golden ticket member
What do you pay on a monthly basis?
$206 a month for the friend plan through Health Net (based on age).......no co-pays or deductibles AND Medicare is $104 a month.
We had been paying over $900 a month for me alone, so when I turned 65 and Medicare kicked in and it was like a pay raise.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
$206 a month for the friend plan through Health Net (based on age).......no co-pays or deductibles AND Medicare is $104 a month.
We had been paying over $900 a month for me alone, so when I turned 65 and Medicare kicked in and it was like a pay raise.
Thank you for the info. You did not have a Teamster retiree health plan before? we pay 150 a month now with a I think is a 70/30 split compared to a 90/10 split when I was working. It's not too bad since doctors in the provider list write off a lot before the split.It comes out to about $30 for a doctor visit and $5 for a 3 month prescription.

Just wanted to know about medicare and health care options when we turn 65. thanks.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thank you for the info. You did not have a Teamster retiree health plan before? we pay 150 a month now with a I think is a 70/30 split compared to a 90/10 split when I was working. It's not too bad since doctors in the provider list write off a lot before the split.It comes out to about $30 for a doctor visit and $5 for a 3 month prescription.

Just wanted to know about medicare and health care options when we turn 65. thanks.
He left UPS as management......did not retire.

Pismo Bill

I knew that when I started back in 81

I knew that when I was first hired in 81. I knew it was coming to an end soon
in the west if you retired before last contract your ups plan becomes your supplement when you turn 65 for spouse and yourself, plan includes dental vision and medical the premeium remains the same at 300 for your spouse and self, it also last lifetime and when you die the spouse is still on the same plan for lifetime their premeium will be reduced to 150.