Anyone Heard About the Changes Coming in 2014 to our Health Insurance?

DontThrowPackages

Maybe the company can get off the hook for health insurance for PTer anyway. If they only make X amount per year, I believe they will qualify for Obamacare. Wow Very Smart :doctor:

vantexan

Isn't fedex self insured? In which case health care reform wouldn't effect fedex at all...

Obamacare is requiring top notch plans from employers, not bare bones plans. So we may be seeing our costs go up considerably to have healthcare or we can opt out and pay a penalty instead. Or FedEx may decide it's too expensive and pay the penalty per employee in which case the employee will have to get his own plan or pay a penalty. Most likely FedEx will offer a plan though.

STFXG

I'm sure the FedEx health care plan meets the minimum standards. And since they are self insured your health care rates would not go up because of health care reform.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Obamacare is requiring top notch plans from employers, not bare bones plans. So we may be seeing our costs go up considerably to have healthcare or we can opt out and pay a penalty instead. Or FedEx may decide it's too expensive and pay the penalty per employee in which case the employee will have to get his own plan or pay a penalty. Most likely FedEx will offer a plan though.

You can be assured that our welfare will be the last consideration in any decision.

vantexan

I'm sure the FedEx health care plan meets the minimum standards. And since they are self insured your health care rates would not go up because of health care reform.

If Obamacare is causing insurance rates and medical costs to go up you can rest assured that FedEx will increase our costs too. Puts more on us. And frankly I don't think our current plans meet the minimum standard set by Obamacare.

thedownhillEXPRESS

If Obamacare is causing insurance rates and medical costs to go up you can rest assured that FedEx will increase our costs too. Puts more on us. And frankly I don't think our current plans meet the minimum standard set by Obamacare.

Well you are very misinformed by the minimum standards set.

Obamacare minimum standards are no golden package, why do conservatives want it both ways on this one,Obamacare sucks because national healthcare is bad and bottom of the barrell(which this isnt) and now you are saying Obamacares standards are too high!!

The only thing that Obamacare did to our plan so far is it got rid off our lifetime limits and eliminated copays for preventative care..

Here are the non Fox news facts if anyone cares to read it instead of believing it as this mythical beast.

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

vantexan

Well you are very misinformed by the minimum standards set.

Obamacare minimum standards are no golden package, why do conservatives want it both ways on this one,Obamacare sucks because national healthcare is bad and bottom of the barrell(which this isnt) and now you are saying Obamacares standards are too high!!

The only thing that Obamacare did to our plan so far is it got rid off our lifetime limits and eliminated copays for preventative care..

Here are the non Fox news facts if anyone cares to read it instead of believing it as this mythical beast.

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you look at the Wikipedia article it says minimum standards are to be set, it doesn't say what the minimum standards are. It says there will be no denial of benefits for most preexisting conditions, which has already raised insurance rates. It says every state will establish health exchanges, which isn't so as many states have already said they can't afford it and the Federal government will have to run them instead. Gee guys, all you have to do is read liberal newspapers to learn all of this. When you finally stop Obama's walk on the water what you'll realize is he and the far left want a single payer system, the federal government, to run healthcare. They have created a system in Obamacare that ultimately will make it impossible for health insurers to stay in business, not to mention many doctors will leave their practices too because Obamacare demands they charge less. When you get your government run system, when people are waiting in long lines because of too few doctors, when they are put on a priority list that requires them to wait months to have a procedure done, I hope you remember this conversation. And when you finally realize that what sounds good on paper but is a fantasy in real life, and that liberal wish lists should have stayed on paper, I bet your heads will be the ones exploding. I'll be in a third world country where English speaking doctors trained in the States charge $20 for an office visit. Toodle-Loo!!

thedownhillEXPRESS

If you look at the Wikipedia article it says minimum standards are to be set, it doesn't say what the minimum standards are. It says there will be no denial of benefits for most preexisting conditions, which has already raised insurance rates. It says every state will establish health exchanges, which isn't so as many states have already said they can't afford it and the Federal government will have to run them instead. Gee guys, all you have to do is read liberal newspapers to learn all of this. When you finally stop Obama's walk on the water what you'll realize is he and the far left want a single payer system, the federal government, to run healthcare. They have created a system in Obamacare that ultimately will make it impossible for health insurers to stay in business, not to mention many doctors will leave their practices too because Obamacare demands they charge less. When you get your government run system, when people are waiting in long lines because of too few doctors, when they are put on a priority list that requires them to wait months to have a procedure done, I hope you remember this conversation. And when you finally realize that what sounds good on paper but is a fantasy in real life, and that liberal wish lists should have stayed on paper, I bet your heads will be the ones exploding. I'll be in a third world country where English speaking doctors trained in the States charge $20 for an office visit. Toodle-Loo!!

How about we just go back to picking on Dano?

thedownhillEXPRESS

Truth hurts! Y'all wanted Obamacare, you got it, BWAH hah hah hah!!

The problem is we are both living within our "own" set of facts.

Both of us believe we are right and the other is crazy.

My point is not conceding the argument, but rather finding our common ground.

Which is NOT politics...

vantexan

The problem is we are both living within our "own" set of facts.

Both of us believe we are right and the other is crazy.

My point is not conceding the argument, but rather finding our common ground.

Which is NOT politics...

Yeah, you'll find out in time, no point arguing about it. As for common ground, FedEx will take advantage of any excuse to raise our premiums. They've been giving small raises for years and taking a chunk back with the healthcare. I suspect after making us wait half the year for the next small raise we are really going to get hammered on healthcare next year.