anyone know what happened to the VP of security.

pretzel_man

He was retirement age but was asked to stay with UPS through the Olympics.

There were significant security requirements on UPS for the Olympics and he was very involved in ensuring all went well.

He was a good UPSer....

Catatonic

Nine Lives

There were significant security requirements on UPS for the Olympics and he was very involved in ensuring all went well.

He was a good UPSer....

Pretty much the way I heard it too ... short notice to his group, called them together, announced it and walked out of the office into the sunset.

rod

Retired 22 years
Anyone who had anything to do with the great UPS Olympic sponcership fiasco should disappear. If I recall right wasn't UPS the "official delivery company" of the Olympics but Fedex actually handled alot of the cardboard going in and out. Or something like that.

grinandbearit

He was a good UPSer....

I know for a fact he was not retirement age, he was in his 40's. He was here for over 25 years.

worldwide

Anyone who had anything to do with the great UPS Olympic sponcership fiasco should disappear. If I recall right wasn't UPS the "official delivery company" of the Olympics but Fedex actually handled alot of the cardboard going in and out. Or something like that.

Which Olympics are you referring to? UPS was a sponsor of many.

What "fiasco" are your referencing? Can you provide any additional info or links on it?

rod

Retired 22 years
Someone shipped a package via FedEx ... heads will roll. LOL

I can't understand why UPS would get shook up. I mean just because you paid 40 million dollars to be the official shipping company of the 1996? Olympics and the Olympic Committee sends out their event tickets via someone else is no reason to get your panties in a wad. Correct me if I'm wrong------I'm sure someone will.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can't understand why UPS would get shook up. I mean just because you paid 40 million dollars to be the official shipping company of the 1996? Olympics and the Olympic Committee sends out their event tickets via someone else is no reason to get your panties in a wad. Correct me if I'm wrong------I'm sure someone will.

Think about it Rod ... it is not illegal ... yet! :wink2:

VP of Security making sure everything is secure at the Olympics.

Shippers used a competitor ... who owns that relationship?
Probably Sales and probably not Security.
Just saying.

I guess I could have been more explicit but I thought it was obvious.