Anyone near Burlington, Mass.?

MassWineGuy

Anybody from Express work in Burlington, MA? I heard yesterday that they were told they’re moving into a Ground building April 10. Trying to see if it’s accurate or not.

Damon77

Anybody from Express work in Burlington, MA? I heard yesterday that they were told they’re moving into a Ground building April 10. Trying to see if it’s accurate or not.
The local station is in Wilmington, not Burlington. but there is a Ground Station across the street.

FedupExpress

Let's face it, express is going away no matter the costs sooner than later! ... Any fool who believes otherwise will have a rude awakening.

At some point they will have ground contractors driving p1 across the bering strait.

Artee

Its almost like people don't understand whats going on. If this is the only place you are gathering information on the FDX merger, then you are way out of the loop.

Of course stations are closing and there are going to a lot more. We have two stations in the hills above us that are going to be closing. Its hasn't been announced, but you can see the writing on the wall. On the other hand, the four Express stations in my area have all been named legacy stations. They are going to be receiving ground freight to deliver. Smaller deliver areas, lots more stops. Managers are in Pittsburgh now for training. New director and management team have been at the stations this week putting plans in place.

Is Express going away? Yes. Express and Ground will no longer exist as of June 1st. It will just be FedEx.

Artee

I’ll ask around my station if anyone knows about it.
All you are going to get are rumors. You might as well cast a wider net and post on Reddit or the Facebook groups. Probably have a better chance of running into an actual employee that works at that station and can give you the real lowdown.

FedupExpress

Its almost like people don't understand whats going on. If this is the only place you are gathering information on the FDX merger, then you are way out of the loop.

Of course stations are closing and there are going to a lot more. We have two stations in the hills above us that are going to be closing. Its hasn't been announced, but you can see the writing on the wall. On the other hand, the four Express stations in my area have all been named legacy stations. They are going to be receiving ground freight to deliver. Smaller deliver areas, lots more stops. Managers are in Pittsburgh now for training. New director and management team have been at the stations this week putting plans in place.

Is Express going away? Yes. Express and Ground will no longer exist as of June 1st. It will just be FedEx.
Very true, fedex one is just another name for ground and the "one" represents the last one chance to keep the company from going bankrupt😂

MassWineGuy

For whatever it’s worth, I spoke with a Ground driver at my local supermarket. He works from Wilmington and said they’ve been told this is definitely happening. He also said he’s been delivering Express stuff on weekends for two months. And that the process for Mon-Fri Express drivers wanting to work Saturdays for OT will change to a lottery system to determine who gets to work.

Who knows? But this guy seemed more in the know than anyone at Express. Guess the truth will come out in April.

zeev

For whatever it’s worth, I spoke with a Ground driver at my local supermarket. He works from Wilmington and said they’ve been told this is definitely happening. He also said he’s been delivering Express stuff on weekends for two months. And that the process for Mon-Fri Express drivers wanting to work Saturdays for OT will change to a lottery system to determine who gets to work.

Who knows? But this guy seemed more in the know than anyone at Express. Guess the truth will come out in April.
Ground will always know first. Express goal is never inform employees of anything.