Anyone remember "Delivering Our Future"

stucrew

That is because we see on a daily basis what "evil corporate plot" this company is capable of and yet see that the union negotiated the rank and file good raises and wages that we received during the economic downturn..

Did the union negotiate the CS buyout? If so why did they fight it 10 years earlier. why did your union invite the mob in ? why do they keep screwing up your pension plans. with the amount of money ups is paying towards your retirement all of you should be retiring as fat cats. did your union get the part timers their starting wage too? Did you union also extend out progression to inifinity?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, there were several important issues that had to be resolved by a strike. As far as the Pension, a lot has changed since 1997 which is the only reason that UPS was able to seperate us out of the Central States fund. As far as Part-time jobs, look at how many part-time jobs have been combined into full time jobs. As far as wages, we should have been paid then what we make now (at the time the Union had the position that true cost-of living increases would have had us making what we make now back then). However, I think it was good to strike UPS just to remind you of who really is important to this company:happy-very: And we prob. need to do it again.

tieguy

Banned
Did the union negotiate the CS buyout? If so why did they fight it 10 years earlier. why did your union invite the mob in ? why do they keep screwing up your pension plans. with the amount of money ups is paying towards your retirement all of you should be retiring as fat cats. did your union get the part timers their starting wage too? Did you union also extend out progression to inifinity?

Yes, there were several important issues that had to be resolved by a strike. As far as the Pension, a lot has changed since 1997 which is the only reason that UPS was able to seperate us out of the Central States fund. As far as Part-time jobs, look at how many part-time jobs have been combined into full time jobs. As far as wages, we should have been paid then what we make now (at the time the Union had the position that true cost-of living increases would have had us making what we make now back then). However, I think it was good to strike UPS just to remind you of who really is important to this company:happy-very: And we prob. need to do it again.[/QUOTE]

oh ok , a lot of things changed huh? why even bother serving that bullschat up?
:happy2:thanks for playing again....buy bye.

stucrew

Yes, there were several important issues that had to be resolved by a strike. As far as the Pension, a lot has changed since 1997 which is the only reason that UPS was able to seperate us out of the Central States fund. As far as Part-time jobs, look at how many part-time jobs have been combined into full time jobs. As far as wages, we should have been paid then what we make now (at the time the Union had the position that true cost-of living increases would have had us making what we make now back then). However, I think it was good to strike UPS just to remind you of who really is important to this company:happy-very: And we prob. need to do it again.

oh ok , a lot of things changed huh? why even bother serving that bullschat up?[/COLOR]
:happy2:thanks for playing again....buy bye.[/QUOTE]

Because you suggested the reason for the strike was only to keep the Pension in the Central States.

tieguy

Banned
oh ok , a lot of things changed huh? why even bother serving that bullschat up?[/COLOR]
:happy2:thanks for playing again....buy bye.

Because you suggested the reason for the strike was only to keep the Pension in the Central States.[/QUOTE]

It was trumpted by your folks as a major reason. ten years later you guys suddenly decide you do need someone to fix that pension plan. that totally negates the reason to walk in 97.

browniehound

IMO customers could care less about your working conditions...about as much as you care about their working conditions. As for customers realizing you needed a fair wage I challenge you with this: Let every cutomer you come in contact with know know your hourly wage and what you make on overtime. They will think so highly of you!

I once did this because I was asked. It was by a small business owner that works out of his house. He asked what I paid for health insurance. When I told I pay nothing but it comes from my blood, sweat, and tears of humping his 30- 40lb packages up his driveway and stairs every day, he still didn't get it.

He started crying that he and his wife had to pay close $1000/month for health insurance. He was aslo crying to me about the economy and how slow his business was. I bit my tongue but wanted to say :"Yes, I pay nothing out of pocket for insurance, but I also don't drive a Lexus SUV and live in a 6,500 sq. foot house".

Don't cry poor to me when you are living in luxuary. You want switch places with me in my 1997 honda civic and 2 bedroom apartment?

I didn't think so!

browniehound

That is because we see on a daily basis what "evil corporate plot" this company is capable of and yet see that the union negotiated the rank and file good raises and wages that we received during the economic downturn..

[/QUOTE]

This is my gripe. All that money UPS is paying for every hour I work into a pension fund that is shared by Joe Blow that went out of business in 1981. Tie is right in that we should be retiring as 'fat cats'. All that money UPS contributes for each hour of work combined with a 401k and social security and we should be earning more in retirement than working! With that amount contributed to the pension and with social security, we probably wouldn't even need to touch our 401k money if the pension money was invested and distributed correctly. Then you could leave your entire 401k to your kids or grand kids. How nice would that be?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you check your book? Do you have a contract book? Can you find it if you have one? Dust off the cob-webs, crack it open and look. You might be suprised what all is in there if you take the time to read it. "Buh-bye"

The day that I need advice from an individual such as yourself is the day I hang up my Browns.

We do not have the option of selling our vacations. We do not have option weeks. Vacations are meant to be used, not cashed in, to take a well-deserved break.

If you are having to sell vacation and/or option weeks perhaps you need to take an objective look at your finances.

evilleace

We are allowed to work during our option week on the pt side here. But unless I was having some cash flow problems I would never dream of it.