APWA presence across the country

705red

Browncafe Steward
What was the question?And did you send in yoour ballot for the ibt (the only union we at ups will ever belong to)election?

satellitedriver

I dont know who Gman is trying to kid about APWA going strong in Tennessee! It is not going strong and only a very few where I work are even looking at it serioulsy! What happens, when and if ever the APWA is certified, to the people with 20 years plus and to the retirees who depend on their hard earned pensions? Is the APWA going to guarantee their money will be there, hell no their not they will tell you that they will have to go to court to get control of the pension money and what will happen to the pension when we stop paying into it! Van and Danny will tell you it is guaranteed to be there but what about the Pension Reform Bill and the Red Zone Amendment? In my opinion we need to try and fix what we already have first! We all need to remember the retirees that made UPS what it is today! Are we going to let them down? I will never vote for the APWA because they dont care!

"to the people with 20 years plus and to the retirees who depend on their hard earned pensions? Is the APWA going to guarantee their money will be there"
I've 20+ plus and what "Duh Reamsters" guaranteed to my hard earned pension sure did change. 56% vested instead of a 100% for each year of service. Raising health coverage from $200 a year to $650 out a reduced retirement check. You can retire after 25 years and 55 years of age, but the union will not provide you with any insurance at any cost unless you are 57 years old. You can not work after retirement, if "Duh Reamsters" dictates that it competes with a union job. The list of work you could do is a heck of a lot shorter than what "Duh Reamsters" will allow you to do. So, if you think APWA doesn't care, what makes you think "Duh Teamsters" care. Remember 97? A $50 strike check(They had to borrow the money from the ACLU to make good the first check, since "Duh Reamsters" were broke) and then they deducted $40 from it for union dues! Gman is not trying to kid anybody, he seems to be a young man looking out for his future and the best interest of those around him.He is satellite driver, so he can not be all bad.

30andout

What was the question?And did you send in yoour ballot for the ibt (the only union we at ups will ever belong to)election?
Yes I voted, and the question was how can UPS have me in two different pension plans that rob me of my actual years worked? Is that a good enough answer? GO APWA.

frtgy89

Anything as "horrible, corrupt, etc." as the Teamsters is amazing!!! You are not going to find a stronger union anywhere. APWA is not going to make your dreams come true. Do you really think it is a conincidence that the SCABS that started it are only a few hours away from ATLANTA!!!! Wake up fools! They have also pulled any reference to their funding from the website. Union busting lawyers, its called sleeping with the enemy. Nobody promised you a rose garden, suck it up and support the TEAMSTERS. They are the one that got you here
and you want to bite THE hand that feeds you. People that have worked at other places are thankful to be @UPS. Ask any driver that has come from another "Teamster Barn" they will tell you how good it is here. No the Teamsters are not perfect, but you have to change it from the inside!!:thumbup1:

any122

adirondack man
Anything as "horrible, corrupt, etc." as the Teamsters is amazing!!! You are not going to find a stronger union anywhere. APWA is not going to make your dreams come true. Do you really think it is a conincidence that the SCABS that started it are only a few hours away from ATLANTA!!!! Wake up fools! They have also pulled any reference to their funding from the website. Union busting lawyers, its called sleeping with the enemy. Nobody promised you a rose garden, suck it up and support the TEAMSTERS. They are the one that got you here
and you want to bite THE hand that feeds you. People that have worked at other places are thankful to be @UPS. Ask any driver that has come from another "Teamster Barn" they will tell you how good it is here. No the Teamsters are not perfect, but you have to change it from the inside!!:thumbup1:
You can always pick out the rookies from the veterans.First off the teamsters wouldn't exsist without UPS.Second the teamsters work for the workers even if they have foregot who they represent.Third if they don't get the representation you deserve then they should be held accountable.Fourth you can't compare other teamster jobs to UPS fore UPS currently is the hand that is feeding the teamsters.If you don't believe this at your next meeting you ask what would happen to the teamsters if UPS pulled out?Last the teamsters have never done a thing for me other than make alot of empty promises.Its time for a change and the change will happen fore the teamsters had thier chance and look what you got.Under funded pensions,crappy health plans,less help more work.All you have to do is read the post on here to see the teamsters do nothing but take and give just enough back to keep you coming back like the hungry fish you are.So it will be left to the people at UPS freight to give the APWA the chance it needs to show the employees at UPS they are the union that will work for the employees not the other way around.

Ironshot

and you want to bite THE hand that feeds you. People that have worked at other places are thankful to be @ups. Ask any driver that has come from another "Teamster Barn" they will tell you how good it is here. No the Teamsters are not perfect, but you have to change it from the inside!!:thumbup1:
Wow!
How is it that the Teamsters are so helpful to UPS package workers? TDU has been trying for years to make change from within, still not happening! So Van and Danny are "Scabs"? 'Cause why? They want a better return for their dues dollars? 'Cause they want a "secure" pension for Upsers? 'Cause the want all Upsers to benefit from the extra "Donations" UPS makes to the Pension that you don't get credit for? Ask the Teamsters "Why"
they let UPS keep the dollars from the pension contributions of part timers?
Why is it so difficult to move into a FT slot? Why aren't you getting the PTers' Pension dollars put into the Central States Pension Fund? Most PTers' won't vest to collect the little bit. Stop drinking the IBT Koolaid!
They at the APWA have a plan, in plain view for you to see. Ask the questions that you have of them at the next meeting. This macho BS is for the less educated. Which are you?

satellitedriver

Teamsters Barn? Is that where the "REAMSTERS" herd the sheeple in to shear them?
Here is an allegory for you. To help you understand it; the skin represents UPS; the wound was inflicted by The "REAMSTERS' and are the germs trying to
keep the wound from healing; the SCAB does the following.

Scabs are usually crusty and dark red or brown. Their job is to protect the cut by keeping germs and other stuff out and giving the skin cells underneath a chance to heal.

If you look at a scab, it probably just looks like a hard, reddish glob. But under its surface, all kinds of things are going on. New skin cells are being made to help repair the torn skin. Damaged blood vessels are being fixed.

White blood cells, the kind that fight infection to keep you from getting sick, go to work by attacking any germs that may have gotten into the cut. White blood cells also get rid of any dead blood and skin cells that may still be hanging around the cut. By the time it's all done, a new layer of skin will have been made.

Eventually, a scab falls off and reveals new skin underneath. This usually happens by itself after a week or two. Even though it may be tough not to pick at a scab, try to leave it alone. If you pick or pull at the scab, you can undo the repair and rip your skin again, which means it'll probably take longer to heal. You may even get a scar. So let that scab sit there — your skin will thank you!
This was from a kids site explaining the function of a SCAB.

They did give me a rose garden and it is full of thorns.
Suck it up? I don't think so.
Everybody is just a few hours away from ATLANTA!!!. Catch a bus, take a train, drive your car, hitch hike or fly.
You say the teamsters got me here. Where might that be?
I feed myself with my own hands. Maybe in the teamster barn, the animals are getting restless and are tired of being doled out their feed in such small quantities?
You ask me to wakeup? The strike of 97 already opened my eyes.
And yes, it is amazing how corrupt the teamsters are.