Arbitration

Any thoughts about a employee was at work for 30 plus years amazing record and no issues. He was at work and tried to get a supervisors attention to hand her a packed as her back is toward her he has the package streatched out she back into it where it hit her in the butt. There was a new kid she was training he said you where just harassed and she said oh yeah I was. Next thing you know she filled a complaint and he was interviewed told them what happened and then he was fired. Grievence was wrote up and local and Panel with the Union all in deadlock. Now going to Arbitration not really hearing anything from the Union at all any suggestions on what to expect or thoughts on anything?

anonymous23456

Any thoughts about a employee was at work for 30 plus years amazing record and no issues. He was at work and tried to get a supervisors attention to hand her a packed as her back is toward her he has the package streatched out she back into it where it hit her in the butt. There was a new kid she was training he said you where just harassed and she said oh yeah I was. Next thing you know she filled a complaint and he was interviewed told them what happened and then he was fired. Grievence was wrote up and local and Panel with the Union all in deadlock. Now going to Arbitration not really hearing anything from the Union at all any suggestions on what to expect or thoughts on anything?
What is this? Jerry Springer show? I thought he is dead.

HarryWarden

If this story is true as told, shows why you don’t joke around with supervisors, they’re not there to be your friends. I feel like there may be more to it though, but who knows.

Company doesn’t mess around with sexual harassment now days. Wonder if they ask the trainee to be a witness

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Don’t talk to women, don’t look at women, don’t acknowledge women. If you must, have a witness at all times. It’s not worth the hassle now. Even if he gets his job back his reputation is ruined.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
It’s all dependent on whether or not the company wants you fired. Guy had 30 years. Seems like it was a easy way to weasel out of having to pay him a pension. He could probably get them for wrongful termination with enough evidence maybe. I’ve been in cases where it was hourly harassing supe and supe harassing hourly. Both those :censored2:stains have a job still for the time being.

HarryWarden

Hard to do it when the members are pusillanimous and don’t let me know.
That sucks. They could be afraid to speak up, im sure it’s a really awkward situation. They might also not feel harassed. But maybe worth it for you to let them know if they ever feel uncomfortable to let you know, but in a casual way

Someone in my building was just fired for harassment, under age girl too, the company took it serious and either the union didn’t fight for him or he didn’t try, but the guy was a creep

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
That sucks. They could be afraid to speak up, im sure it’s a really awkward situation. They might also not feel harassed. But maybe worth it for you to let them know if they ever feel uncomfortable to let you know, but in a casual way

Someone in my building was just fired for harassment, under age girl too, the company took it serious and either the union didn’t fight for him or he didn’t try, but the guy was a creep
I’m currently dealing with a case. I’ve told the member already to speak up about it at once because it’s been happening for almost since negotiations last year. Gotta file on those fast because it escalates which it is starting to. If the member doesn’t feel comfortable with me they have other stewards that match their sex. But I wouldn’t want them to because they may just gossip about it and not keep it confidential until it’s settled. The members talked a lot of :censored2: after the union protected many members jobs who did some questionable :censored2:. I frankly stopped giving a :censored2: what they think. They’re too pusillanimous to stand up for themselves and if they want real representation they know who to call anyway.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Perhaps it was due to her being underage and the optics involved or the culture in your building. My hub is ghetto as :censored2:.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What did wifey do when she received that news?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
We did have a guy once get fired because he didn't wear a belt around his pants and they fell off when he was loading the trucks, flashed the female supervisor

542thruNthru

Nowgoing to Arbitration not really hearing anything from the Union at all any suggestions on what to expect or thoughts on anything?
Did your local tell you they are taking it to arbitration? If so there isn't much to talk about. The union will reach out to the arbitrator and get available dates. The company and union will agree on one and let you know. When it's time to start preparing you for the arbitration they will contact you.

Finding a date can usually push it out 6 or 8 months. So don't expect anything to happen anytime soon.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It’s all dependent on whether or not the company wants you fired. Guy had 30 years. Seems like it was a easy way to weasel out of having to pay him a pension. He could probably get them for wrongful termination with enough evidence maybe. I’ve been in cases where it was hourly harassing supe and supe harassing hourly. Both those :censored2:stains have a job still for the time being.
Why would they not pay his pension?