Article 12 Section 6...

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Bubblehead, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

2. Along with,our current (so called) leadership.

For the record,dont care how many disagree (red Xs) i get!

This is how I feel!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

My problem is where do we find good leadership? And has Hoffa :censored2:ed us to the point of no return?

4. What's your idea?

5. Judas and the 30 pieces of silver....come to mind.

6. Brownslave688

I think he got a lot more than 30 pieces of silver.

7. You think Hoffa/hall would risk rail and paying 2.5 million like pat Flynn?

8. Brownslave688

For a brinks truck full of cash..........yeah

I honestly see no other excuse for what's went down. I mean it's safely tucked away in an offshore account for use in a few years so I don't know what he'd be risking. I think between Hoffa and ups they have enough minds to figure out how to launder money.

9. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

I heard it was a dump truck with a huge UPS logo on the side. Dumped an entire load of $100 bills on Hoffa's drive way one morning.

10. AZBrown

AZBrown Teamster by choice

We don't live by the rules, we just make them.
    As a constructive addition though, I have lost many decisions over the years for "the greater good of the membership."
    It doesn't sound good and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm not condoning these actions, but I think of the alternative non union employer I could go to if I didn't like it. There I would have inferior wages, benefits, and conditions. I'll stick with our flawed system that pisses me off from time to time.
    As far as initiating changes, I wouldn't want that job; with the political aspects, and the way you can't please all of the people all of the time. Somebody is bitching from their angle almost all of the time.
    It's almost like being a steward.......with pay:rofl:

11. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

It's funny.... (sad actually)

I am always one to point out, the lack of voting "interest" the membership has.

At the IBT Convention, you have elected Delegates that don't even bother to vote.

Some of them are lucky to even show up, for the entire days session.

In my opinion, elected Delegates that don't perform their fiduciary duty....

Should forfeit their wages, room and board, plus the "per diem" for the day.

And I hate to say.... some, were from your Local.

Preaching to the choir. But, right on the money.

-Bug-

12. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

As much as it saddens me to say it, many of these officers are afraid of the backlash if they go to the convention and vote the way they would really like to vote. They know who is going to win before the convention starts most of the time and it is fact that the winning party will make life miserable for the locals that did not support them at the convention.

I believe the conventions are nothing more than a way for the candidates to sniff out who is for them and who is not!!

13. Wow

14. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

If I win the privilege of representing my local at the 2016 IBT Convention, I want to sit next to you.

15. Not on his lap? :bigsmile2::bigsmile2:

16. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

With a Vegas showgirl on each arm.... there wouldn't be any room. :rofl:

-Bug-

17. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

You and I both know that delegate slots have been historically used to keep local vote getters "happy" with their local e-board. That's why they aren't held accountable for vanishing during the convention.

Hell, the ones that do vote are given cheat sheets on "how" to vote.

We've come a long way from guys like "No Retreat" Pete getting the :censored2: kicked out of them on the convention floor but we've still got a ways to go..

18. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Remove section 6 in total? For what reason was it put in anyway?

19. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

That language is amusing.

20. No offense but I'd doubt it.