Article 18 Section 8. b.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you think this lanquage is specific to drivers?

It is unclear to me if this applies to inside employees.

Do you think this applies to unloaders, loaders, sorters, preloads, irregular drivers, auto mechanics, maintenance mechanics, porters and other inside people that you may think of?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
I

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It is driver language. Always has been. Goes back to the first National Contract.

If the company is claiming different, ask to see a agreement in writing.

-Bug-

Integrity

Binge Poster
It is driver language. Always has been. Goes back to the first National Contract.

If the company is claiming different, ask to see a agreement in writing.

-Bug-
BigUnionGuy,

Do you know what the policy is for headsets and earphone for the inside employees?

Sincerely,
I

packageguy

Do you think this applies to unloaders, loaders, sorters, preloads, irregular drivers, auto mechanics, maintenance mechanics, porters and other inside people that you may think of?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
I

We were told as drivers no ear piece, from company and union.
... company told preloaders no ear piece, union said work as directed and grieve it.

FEGuy

The interesting part is that UPS will not provide hearing protection for any employees.

Yeah, they truly care about safety.
That's interesting. Not been my experience. UPS has provided earplugs if employees wanted them.
Unfortunately, not many even bothered to protect their own hearing by asking for them.
Sleeve-meet-heart, not sure what your position is by your post, so I will merely add, So what? If the workplace is loud, wear ear plugs. Your own. UPS doesn't supply shoes, either. Should we not wear them for that fact.
I just roll my eyes sometimes.

brown_trousers

That's interesting. Not been my experience. UPS has provided earplugs if employees wanted them.
Unfortunately, not many even bothered to protect their own hearing by asking for them.
Sleeve-meet-heart, not sure what your position is by your post, so I will merely add, So what? If the workplace is loud, wear ear plugs. Your own. UPS doesn't supply shoes, either. Should we not wear them for that fact.
I just roll my eyes sometimes.

Good point from a logical standpoint, unfortunately most states put the burden on the employer for eye and ear protection.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Thanks.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Does anyone know what the Company or Union policy is regarding the use of personal head sets or ear phones for ipods or mp3 players for inside employees?

Sincerely,
I

brown_trousers

Does anyone know what the Company or Union policy is regarding the use of personal head sets or ear phones for ipods or mp3 players for inside employees?

Sincerely,
I

Union policy on this doesn't exist. Im betting company policy varies from building to building. When I was part-time package handling we were allowed to wear our earphones in one ear

DownSouthUPS

We have been threatened our jobs if our center manager surprises us early again and we have our headphones in on preload!! Even with only one in one ear!!