Cementups

Box Monkey
Yeah, exactly. And here I am cramming a week's worth of yardwork, housework, laundry, and drinking into a day and a half on the weekends....just to start it all over.

Lots of guys have a 3 or 4 day weekend and make well more than I do. I'm all about it.
I live in a townhouse with an HOA so I have people that do my yard work for me. And I don’t really drink very often. So all I have left to do is my laundry every Sunday and make the occasional dinner. With only 3 days on road I usually only drink bone broth and powdered greens and drink plenty of water for my meals on road. Maybe some cheese sticks and hard boiled eggs as a snack. I ain’t doing crap but sitting so no need to eat a couple thousand calories. So minimal to no meal prep. It’s a pretty sweet gig 😊

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I live in a townhouse with an HOA so I have people that do my yard work for me. And I don’t really drink very often. So all I have left to do is my laundry every Sunday and make the occasional dinner. With only 3 days on road I usually only drink bone broth and powdered greens and drink plenty of water for my meals on road. Maybe some cheese sticks and hard boiled eggs as a snack. I ain’t doing crap but sitting so no need to eat a couple thousand calories. So minimal to no meal prep. It’s a pretty sweet gig 😊
How is the bathroom/sleep situations...two things that make me Leary about trying it out for a year.

Cementups

Box Monkey
How is the bathroom/sleep situations...two things that make me Leary about trying it out for a year.
For sleeper?! Truck stops and rest areas for bathrooms and showers. Sleep is fine. I get more sleep in the back of the truck than I do at home. I’d definitely recommend filling in for vacations with people to see if you like it before bidding onto a sleeper run. Don’t want to get out here and hate it and/or not be able to sleep.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Well this is a great temporary fed sticker !!
D1652332-74DB-4B29-ADAC-723822024EE1.jpeg

Cementups

Box Monkey
I took it !

Do you get told "we have an exemption" when the highways are closed to trucks and they don't like when you refuse a load?

I even called NJ and NY State police on day on speaker phone and told them UPS wanted me to move a trailer when the roads were closed. Both cops said, "I never heard of any such exemption. If you are seen on the highways and pulled over we will impound your vehicle and hte company and yourself could be subject to fines." I told them both thank you very much (separately of course). Hung up. I asked the boss what he wanted me to do and all he said was, "Take it, we have an exemption." 🤦‍♂️ I still refuse to pull the loads and my boss threatened me with a suspension but I never heard anything about it again. :laugh:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Blizzard hit here 18"
Nor'easter mid March during Covid ,,governor closed roads and all was told to come in ,,, I was told we had a Covid exemption ,,I told them good ,, I'll be in when roads open

over9five

Staff member
Blizzard hit here 18"
Nor'easter mid March during Covid ,,governor closed roads and all was told to come in ,,, I was told we had a Covid exemption ,,I told them good ,, I'll be in when roads open
I worked that night. I was so pissed pulling empties to my pickups... because we carried Covid drugs! I brought it in and went home. After blasting them. We should never have been out like that.
Profit before lives.