Asked to clock back in after sort hours.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You work at a small Center where you have your employees trust. Larger Hubs and Centers employees times get lost in the crises of the moment. A couple times when that happens you lose all trust in your management team and believe it is all "part of the Plan".
I'm sure it's a madhouse. No thank you. I enjoy the small center atmosphere.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I am curious though. I understand you can make his 2 time cards 1 but is that the right thing?

I believe you frigid but wondering if a shop steward would agree.

Because if let's say I was forced to punch back in after I had expressed I don't want to. My original shift is technically over and done I believe. The amount of time that has elapsed between shifts I don't believe should matter.

If this issue was pressed I wonder what the outcome would be. Of course it depends on the local and rider I'm sure.
I'd be willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that goes along with it all being OT. Look at situations where there are multiple DIADs. We have a route that starts as a bulk delivery to the mall and then the post office. He comes back, grabs DIAD number 2 and starts the rest of his day. Two punches, but only one timecard. he isn't starting on OT Wednesday afternon because he's had his 5 punches already.

542thruNthru

I'd be willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that goes along with it all being OT. Look at situations where there are multiple DIADs. We have a route that starts as a bulk delivery to the mall and then the post office. He comes back, grabs DIAD number 2 and starts the rest of his day. Two punches, but only one timecard. he isn't starting on OT Wednesday afternon because he's had his 5 punches already.

Yes but different situations. He knows that he will be using multiple diads. It may even be his so called route. Yes it's technically punching out but his shift is not over. I understand what you are saying. I have done routes like that.

The difference in my eyes is this person was told in some shape or form "you're done punch out". Then he is told that there was a mishap and that though it is not his fault he needs to punch back in and do the job.

Like I said I could be completely off base. Being a new shop steward it makes me think. I could be asked this question.

UPSGUY72

I am curious though. I understand you can make his 2 time cards 1 but is that the right thing?

I believe you frigid but wondering if a shop steward would agree.

Because if let's say I was forced to punch back in after I had expressed I don't want to. My original shift is technically over and done I believe. The amount of time that has elapsed between shifts I don't believe should matter.

If this issue was pressed I wonder what the outcome would be. Of course it depends on the local and rider I'm sure.

It would not be a extra punch and not be considered a six punch. It happens all the time with people working the preload and them local sort shift to make there 8 hrs for the day or because they signed a list for extra work... It never a sixth punch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes but different situations. He knows that he will be using multiple diads. It may even be his so called route. Yes it's technically punching out but his shift is not over. I understand what you are saying. I have done routes like that.

The difference in my eyes is this person was told in some shape or form "you're done punch out". Then he is told that there was a mishap and that though it is not his fault he needs to punch back in and do the job.

Like I said I could be completely off base. Being a new shop steward it makes me think. I could be asked this question.

It's not as though the employee had made it home and was called back in. He/she had just punched out and hadn't even made it to their car.

It is common practice to merge time cards and, no, the second "shift" would not be all OT.