Atlanta area UPS centers

Feederquacker

Its
Mr. Butt, I had a team driver that told me they recently changed their schedule around to pick up a trailer (or trailers) at a brand new hub near Atlanta that handled only irregs. He said everyone there was new hires except management. Do you know the name of this place?

They call it "Hub in a Box". Don't know why they called it that, but they started it before peak and I assume they will keep it open until they start/finish the new Hub down the street at the Charlie Brown Airport. Ive been there a few times and they handle everything there not just irregs. I think they opened it to take pressure off Forest Park and Atlanta Hub.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@Feederquacker,
Just where is this "Hub in a Box" located? I have heard it mentioned on here a few times, but I never hear anything about it at work. I started out in the original Atlanta Hub off Fulton Industrial and I moved with my Center to Forest Park when that Hub opened. I have noticed the site prep work for the new giant Hub near Charlie Brown Airport.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Its

They call it "Hub in a Box". Don't know why they called it that, but they started it before peak and I assume they will keep it open until they start/finish the new Hub down the street at the Charlie Brown Airport. Ive been there a few times and they handle everything there not just irregs. I think they opened it to take pressure off Forest Park and Atlanta Hub.
"Hub in a box" because it's prefabricated.

Built one here too. Takes some pressure off a hub during peak.

wkmac

@Feederquacker,
Just where is this "Hub in a Box" located? I have heard it mentioned on here a few times, but I never hear anything about it at work. I started out in the original Atlanta Hub off Fulton Industrial and I moved with my Center to Forest Park when that Hub opened. I have noticed the site prep work for the new giant Hub near Charlie Brown Airport.

Scratch,

Do you remember the old Winn Dixie Distribution building about a mile or so down Fulton Industrial? Same building is where the "Hub in a Box" is located. Several more announcements are about to be made concerning Greater Atlanta but they are not public so I'm waiting. One will effect Roswell and Acworth so I will say that.

wkmac

Our center had a 6 car MDU set up for Peak. It was set up to run off the outbound air belt.

We got a 90 car village put in the employee parking lot 3 years ago and add to that several MDU's and a portable sortation that load about 20 vehicles we call "The Fruit Stand." Yeah, it's that bad. We bumped up against absolute capacity this past peak and no where to go for next. We literally have no more room at the inn.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We got a 90 car village put in the employee parking lot 3 years ago and add to that several MDU's and a portable sortation that load about 20 vehicles we call "The Fruit Stand." Yeah, it's that bad. We bumped up against absolute capacity this past peak and no where to go for next. We literally have no more room at the inn.

We have room for 40 cars inside the building so the MDU was a 15% increase.