Back to Pre-load, Re-load splits

outta hours

Outta, do not misunderstand please. You have absolutely earned the right to take days off. I am not whining about that at all. It should be done by seniority, of course. Of course I won't get that rte that you just retired from but I may get the rte from the driver that took over your bid that you just retired from. Don't bitch about me wanting a rte. It's called attrition and it is what makes the world go round.

What I am bitching about is the 1 or 2 drivers that will take every day of the week off for weeks on end. And they do. You are comparing apples and oranges/

Not really directing my full reply to you only. And I am definitely not "bitching" about you wanting a route. I mean who doesn't? I will say it's not really up to you to decide if someone should retire or not. Your opinion on that does seem to lean towards the entitlement part of my thread. Kind like you've had your time now get out of the way so I can get mine.

I am missing the apples/oranges part that you speak of. I know what you mean about the same drivers taking off week after week. They have EARNED the right to do so. I take them as often as I can. Sometimes several times a week for several weeks in a row. I don't begrudge your right to vent. I see where you are coming from. Because I have been where you are. But you have not been where I am now. When you get here you will understand.

Please do not take my comments/opinions as being disrespectful. I was only trying to make a point from the other side of the seniority issue.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Not really directing my full reply to you only. And I am definitely not "bitching" about you wanting a route. I mean who doesn't? I will say it's not really up to you to decide if someone should retire or not. Your opinion on that does seem to lean towards the entitlement part of my thread. Kind like you've had your time now get out of the way so I can get mine.

I am missing the apples/oranges part that you speak of. I know what you mean about the same drivers taking off week after week. They have EARNED the right to do so. I take them as often as I can. Sometimes several times a week for several weeks in a row. I don't begrudge your right to vent. I see where you are coming from. Because I have been where you are. But you have not been where I am now. When you get here you will understand.

Please do not take my comments/opinions as being disrespectful. I was only trying to make a point from the other side of the seniority issue.
Of course it's not up to me when you retire. Never said it was. I did, however voice my opinion about it. That opinion was pretty much - if you (not you personally) are taking more time off than working maybe it's time to retire.

I already understand. I do have those that are under me and there are times when I take advantage of that. The apples and oranges goes to the drivers that take ALL the time off and those ( you seem to be speaking of) that take days off here and there.

brown bomber

brown bomber
I think I might be much more guilty than others, regarding unpaid days (dead days) off......It was a matter of taking care of my grade-school aged daughters or quitting, after my wife passed away....I was very fortunate that this opportunity was given to me, and I'm sure lower seniority drivers appreciated the chance to work..I never requested days off, unless it was absolutely necessary.......HOWEVER, if the phone rang, and I wasn't needed, I took that day...I always had some sort of catching up to do.......sorry if I abused the system

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why are we placing it on the drivers shoulders? The on-car is responsible for staffing. If they chose to spread the wealth,like my on-car, then it won't be perceived as abused by the senior guys. But, staffing is a management responsibility.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why are we placing it on the drivers shoulders? The on-car is responsible for staffing. If they chose to spread the wealth,like my on-car, then it won't be perceived as abused by the senior guys. But, staffing is a management responsibility.

So the on-car should ignore the contract and pick who gets the day off.

Sounds good to me.