Bans

542thruNthru

Made? Or mad?

achmed-i-kill-you.gif

qdg2

There used to be a lot of fun posters on here. Now all anyone want to do is argue or put people down.
Why? Serious question.

Every organization has leadership....top down.

The theory of unintended consequences comes to mind.

What I have learned.......just because someone is something.......doesn't make them necessarily good at it or even be there. From archeologist to zookeeper.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Why? Serious question.

What I have learned.......just because someone is something.......doesn't make them necessarily good at it or even be there. From archeologist to zookeeper.

Why have you never run for office in your Local Union ?

Do you think your thoughts.... could have made a difference ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why? Serious question.

Maybe that's why these union positions are subject to elections every three to five years?

That seems like "intended consequences" to me.

qdg2

Why have you never run for office in your Local Union ?

Do you think your thoughts.... could have made a difference ?
Good question.

My best answer is....I'm not a Liberal Democrat. Pretty much have to be. Or it doesn't work. Why? It would take about thirty seconds before there was a conflict. The same if I ever went into Mgt.

I absolutely think my thoughts and ideas could have made a difference. But like the safety committee....it wasn't about safety.....

qdg2

Maybe that's why these union positions are subject to elections every three to five years?

That seems like "intended consequences" to me.
Ok. Fair enough.

That wasn't exactly the focus here.

But when an elected official/owner etc. then appoints an "unelected" individual(the situation varies)(Example: much of the govt is unelected.). That organization then has individuals who can be from unqualified to incompetent....leading to "unintended consequences".....

The outcomes of elections, appointments etc. can be wholly positive to disastrous.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Ok. Fair enough.

But when an elected official/owner etc. then appoints an "unelected" individual(the situation varies)(Example: much of the govt is unelected.). That organization then has individuals who can be from unqualified to incompetent....leading to "unintended consequences".....

The outcomes of elections, appointments etc. can be wholly positive to disastrous.
So, is your point that the Mods are unqualified and/or incompetent?

Thebrownblob

Ok. Fair enough.

Nice word salad, saying absolutely nothing.

Thebrownblob

Good question.

My best answer is....I'm not a Liberal Democrat. Pretty much have to be. Or it doesn't work. Why? It would take about thirty seconds before there was a conflict. The same if I ever went into Mgt.

I absolutely think my thoughts and ideas could have made a difference. But like the safety committee....it wasn't about safety.....
I don’t recall , one of the the qualifications of leading a local union being that you had to be a liberal Democrat. That was just a cop out on your part. The real issue is that no one would follow you because you’re not a leader, a complainer yes but a leader absolutely not. no one listens to you or takes you seriously probably been that way your whole life.

Last edited: