Beginning of the end

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
They didn’t blow what to do with their money so instead of giving their drivers bonuses they created integrad. Nothing like a washed up military guy to yell at you for a week.

Thebrownblob

They didn’t blow what to do with their money so instead of giving their drivers bonuses they created integrad. Nothing like a washed up military guy to yell at you for a week.
Hell, 30 years ago I had that, and the company didn’t even have to pay extra because the guy who trained me was exmilitary and yelled at me 😂 didn’t have no intagrad.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Integrad was a map book and get back asap without injury/accident.
Remember getting into an accident early on and there was no wait until the sup came crap. You got the basic info from the other driver and kept trucking. Called the accident hotline and gave them the info when you got back.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand from a corporate point of view it makes sense to open it up to others willing to pay for the training, thus Carol can look good in front of the shareholders and Board. On the other hand, why impart the philosophies, methods and dare I say, what should be proprietary concepts of training drivers. As far as our drivers go, what will set them apart aside from the training than any other thing will be Integrity. You can't train that, and, I would argue, you can't instill it, you either have it or you don't. So let them play their games at corporate, just do your job with the integrity and professionalism and the rest will take care of it self.

Brown Down

I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand from a corporate point of view it makes sense to open it up to others willing to pay for the training, thus Carol can look good in front of the shareholders and Board. On the other hand, why impart the philosophies, methods and dare I say, what should be proprietary concepts of training drivers. As far as our drivers go, what will set them apart aside from the training than any other thing will be Integrity. You can't train that, and, I would argue, you can't instill it, you either have it or you don't. So let them play their games at corporate, just do your job with the integrity and professionalism and the rest will take care of it self.
What used to set us apart is now how many done by Us old schoolers. they did away with THAT training years and years ago.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Truth be know "Our Edge" is due to our Unionized Work Force...UPS has aways had a built in apprenticeship program based on ability and merit called Collective Bargaining. The rest of our competition's drivers would be considered "Fly By Nighters" in comparison.
Integrad plus internal hiring, seniority is a whole thing that I could write a thick essay on but the thing to think about is how they were structures of conformity seeking a demographic that was more likely to be desirable as a delivery driver. Neither Integrad or inside work specifically gives people the actual tools to be successful, they were simply a biased regime that did better than randomly picking people off the street.

I think we can both agree that offering integrad as a separate thing disconnected from the rest of the system or "funnel" is not going to produce nearly the same results.

In my specific case, my "favorable" driver traits come from how I lucked out in my interactions and driver helping for a bunch of now retired drivers.

Last edited:

anonymous23456

Crazy! Timely topic. I was looking at truck driving school article the other day. Integrad should include feeder training. It is time for Mech II to be an Integrad graduate. They gave him an exemption equivalent to "GED of RPCD" degree!

Hot Carl

They kept failing the people we sent there and then we wondered why we never had enough drivers. Only this company could develop an idea that works on paper, and then completely botch the execution, much like ORION.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Crazy! Timely topic. I was looking at truck driving school article the other day. Integrad should include feeder training. It is time for Mech II to be an Integrad graduate. They gave him an exemption equivalent to "GED of RPCD" degree!
Us elite feedah drivahs don't need Intergrad ,, we are the glue that holds UPS together, all of you peons should take a feedah driver to dinner. Bow down to us like royalty , we are the kings of UPS

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Kings of expanded waistlines.
1706010961953.jpeg

1/2 of our feeder dept….