BEN CARSON: Prisons are gay factories...

BrownArmy

Public assistance is a detriment to society as a whole if it causes people to stop trying to be self suffecient (sic).

So, chicken or egg?

Carson uses public assistance, thrives brilliantly, achieves current status:

NOW WANTS TO DISMANTLE ENTIRE PUBLIC ASSISTANCE MECHANISM.

You tell me, who is the clown in this scenario?

(Hint: it ain't you, it ain't me...)

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So, chicken or egg?

Carson uses public assistance, thrives brilliantly, achieves current status:

NOW WANTS TO DISMANTLE ENTIRE PUBLIC ASSISTANCE MECHANISM.

You tell me, who is the clown in this scenario?

(Hint: it ain't you, it ain't me...)
What public assistance and when?

You made the accusation. So back it up.

Besides, we can't do anything about the past.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You know SO LITTLE of military service and yet you speak SO MUCH about it. It's really telling the asumptions you make about soldiers in combat areas and the spouse and children they leave behind.

To put it simply, you KNOW NOTHING OF HOW THE MILITARY TAKE CARE OF IT'S OWN.

Again, you speak right out of your arse. Military families make up a large component of food stamp recipients in this country. The military doesnt take care of crap.

Those are silly talking points that come out of ignorance.

During the BUSH era wars, soldiers were coming home only to file for bankruptcy, have their homes and cars repossessed and their credit ruined. The military didnt do a thing to stop that. It was President Obama who came to the assistance of the military veteran with debt forgiveness.

National Guard soldiers had regular jobs when they joined the service, but when BUSH ran out of volunteers, he kept sending the National Guard units over and over again, year after year until those soldiers lost those "regular" jobs and came back to unemployment.

When that happens, what choice does a military family have but to get on government assistance?

Of course, you call them lazy. As if fighting for their country wasnt working hard enough. Now they are just "lazy people" who want a handout.

Whats telling is the truth of the matter. Not the hyped up baloney of right wing talking points.

All you have to do is to check the history of our soldiers filing for bankruptcy and you will see that the military doesnt take care of its own. They fight, they leave the home for years, then they get abandoned when they get home, only to be called LAZY by the likes of people like you.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Public assistance is a detriment to society as a whole if it causes people to stop trying to be self suffecient.

And again, just in case a troll or 2 missed it, I don't care what color they are.

Here are some statistics from just ONE army base loaded with those "LAZY DEADBEATS" you are crying about.... Notice the biggest years of assistance came in the BUSH years.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/...ood-soldiers-fight-to-make-ends-meet-1/nRkm5/

61% of all welfare recipients are WHITE.

That makes a majority.

OF those, a good portion are military veterans and active military families.

What did you think was going to happen to our society as a whole with two wars with a volunteer military, a completely collapsed economy, the job market losing 700 thousand jobs a month and the banks collapsing under President BUSH?

Did you think the following presidential term would be roses and chocolates?

How long did you think the "pain" of the collapse of american society would take given that for 8 years, the republican party did all it could to outsource all the good paying jobs that the middle class depended on and leave this nation with service industry jobs??

You people act like BUSH walked out and left a country smelling like fresh laundry instead of a heaping pile of dog crap.

Now you want to blame the victims of his policies as the reason this country has so many poor.

TOS.

BrownArmy

What public assistance and when?

You made the accusation. So back it up.

Besides, we can't do anything about the past.

Carson says:

"When you rob someone of their incentive to go out there and improve themselves, you are not doing them any favors. When you take somebody and pat them on the head and say, ‘There, there, you poor little thing. … Let me give you housing subsidies, let me give you free health care because you can’t do that.’ What would be much more empowering is to use our intellect and our resources to give those people a way up and out."

I agree, and that sounds great, but...

From his own book, Carson writes:

“As I’ve said, we received food stamps and couldn’t have made it without them.”

“By the time I reached ninth grade, mother had made such strides that she received nothing but food stamps. She couldn’t have provided for us and kept up the house without that subsidy.”

I'm relaying Carson's own words.

So, again, Carson is railing against a system he succeeded under.

-------------------------------------

Look, I don't like Carson, Clinton, Rubio, Bush.....etc. et al.

As far as I'm concerned, all these clowns are suspect.

Honestly, I'm surprised you favor this clown over the other clown.

They're all clowns, saying exactly what they need to say to secure funding for the upcoming ELECTION APOCALYPSE.

There isn't an honest citizen amongst that lot.

realbrown1

Carson says:

"When you rob someone of their incentive to go out there and improve themselves, you are not doing them any favors. When you take somebody and pat them on the head and say, ‘There, there, you poor little thing. … Let me give you housing subsidies, let me give you free health care because you can’t do that.’ What would be much more empowering is to use our intellect and our resources to give those people a way up and out."

“By the time I reached ninth grade, mother had made such strides that she received nothing but food stamps. She couldn’t have provided for us and kept up the house without that subsidy.”

They're all clowns, saying exactly what they need to say to secure funding for the upcoming ELECTION APOCALYPSE.

Are you blaming Carson for being on assistance when he was in K-12 schooling?

Because that wasn't his fault. And it was the law back then and now to allow that. But we are better than this type of system.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Carson says:

Excellent response. I applaud your research.

TOS.

upschuck

Military families make up a large component of food stamp recipients in this country. The military doesnt take care of crap.
Don't believe that at all. My brother was in the military, and when in "combat" made extra money.

National Guard soldiers had regular jobs when they joined the service, but when BUSH ran out of volunteers, he kept sending the National Guard units over and over again, year after year until those soldiers lost those "regular" jobs and came back to unemployment.
That would be illegal. Active duty folks can not lose their job because they served a deployment(s) in the military.

When that happens, what choice does a military family have but to get on government assistance?

Of course, you call them lazy. As if fighting for their country wasnt working hard enough. Now they are just "lazy people" who want a handout.

Whats telling is the truth of the matter. Not the hyped up baloney of right wing talking points.

All you have to do is to check the history of our soldiers filing for bankruptcy and you will see that the military doesnt take care of its own. They fight, they leave the home for years, then they get abandoned when they get home, only to be called LAZY by the likes of people like you.
Since your premise is false, I guess the rest can not be trusted either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Carson says:

Gee, sounds like a bit of a hypocrite, doesn't he? It doesn't matter, because the GOP needs lots of Negroes and other "coloreds" to come forward and show how much they love conservative crapola. Now, Republicans are trotting-out one of MLK's relatives to try and sell their garbage to minorities.

Sorry, GOP. They aren't buying it now, and they never will.

realbrown1

Here are some statistics from just ONE army base loaded with those "LAZY DEADBEATS" you are crying about.... Notice the biggest years of assistance came in the BUSH years.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/...ood-soldiers-fight-to-make-ends-meet-1/nRkm5/

61% of all welfare recipients are WHITE.

That makes a majority.

OF those, a good portion are military veterans and active military families.

What did you think was going to happen to our society as a whole with two wars with a volunteer military, a completely collapsed economy, the job market losing 700 thousand jobs a month and the banks collapsing under President BUSH?

Did you think the following presidential term would be roses and chocolates?

How long did you think the "pain" of the collapse of american society would take given that for 8 years, the republican party did all it could to outsource all the good paying jobs that the middle class depended on and leave this nation with service industry jobs??

You people act like BUSH walked out and left a country smelling like fresh laundry instead of a heaping pile of dog crap.

Now you want to blame the victims of his policies as the reason this country has so many poor.

TOS.
I guess you haven't been able to read my posts.

Because if you had been able to read my posts, you would know that many times I have said that I don't care what color someone is on public assistance.

IF THEY ARE ABLED BODIED, THEN A 2 YEARS LIFETIME BENEFITS MAXIMUM.

wkmac

How so? He grew up in a single parent household in poverty. What government benefits he benefited from as a kid have been paid back several times over due to his earnings as a leading pediatric neurosurgeon.

If I went out and robbed a bank, taking the money to pay too sustain and support a young Ben Carson on his rise to being a respected doctor, would the outcome, called a benefit above, in the form of a respected Dr. Carson then justify my actions robbing the bank? Would I be held innocent of robbery because the positive outcome to society was good and productive?

A story like Dr. Carson is good to hear but when it comes to a forced redistribution of wealth even with such a noble outcome, I'm hard pressed to consider the total outcome a benefit. If so then one is hard pressed IMO to find Jesse James guilty of causing harm when he robbed banks.

BrownArmy

Because that wasn't his fault. And it was the law back then and now to allow that. But we are better than this type of system.

Reading comprehension not your strong suit?

I am in no way blaming Carson for the assistance he received as a youth.

I am blaming Carson for condemning the same type of assistance that he previously received, now that he's a public figure, trying to garner influence as a potential candidate.

Which part of what I'm saying are you having trouble understanding?

I'm not making a statement on public assistance one way or another, rather I'm pointing to the hypocrisy of Mssr. Carson.

realbrown1

Reading comprehension not your strong suit?

I am in no way blaming Carson for the assistance he received as a youth.

I am blaming Carson for condemning the same type of assistance that he previously received, now that he's a public figure, trying to garner influence as a potential candidate.

Which part of what I'm saying are you having trouble understanding?

I'm not making a statement on public assistance one way or another, rather I'm pointing to the hypocrisy of Mssr. Carson.
It wasn't his choice to receive that public assistance since he was a minor.

Do you have any evidence that he took public assistance as an adult? Because you can fault him for that if it was long term. So feel free to post all your evidence to that effect. I will be waiting for your list of public assistance that Mr. Carson took as an adult.

realbrown1

If I went out and robbed a bank, taking the money to pay too sustain and support a young Ben Carson on his rise to being a respected doctor, would the outcome, called a benefit above, in the form of a respected Dr. Carson then justify my actions robbing the bank? Would I be held innocent of robbery because the positive outcome to society was good and productive?

A story like Dr. Carson is good to hear but when it comes to a forced redistribution of wealth even with such a noble outcome, I'm hard pressed to consider the total outcome a benefit. If so then one is hard pressed IMO to find Jesse James guilty of causing harm when he robbed banks.
Did you rob a bank to help pay to sustain Mr. Carson? And if so, yes Mr. Carson would be innocent since apparently only you were dumb enough to go out and rob a bank.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself

original.jpg

BrownArmy

It wasn't his choice to receive that public assistance since he was a minor.

Do you have any evidence that he took public assistance as an adult? Because you can fault him for that if it was long term. So feel free to post all your evidence to that effect. I will be waiting for your list of public assistance that Mr. Carson took as an adult.

Nice change of subject.

I never said Mssr. Carson took public assistance as an adult.

But since he was the benefactor of public assistance as a minor, don't you find that interesting that he now champions removing said assistance?

I can play this game with you all day.

Answer me this:

Do you not find it disingenuous that Carson rails against the same public assistance he benefited from?

I'm putting you on the spot RB:

How does it make sense that Carson is advocating against programs that helped him when he was in need?

realbrown1

Nice change of subject.

I never said Mssr. Carson took public assistance as an adult.

But since he was the benefactor of public assistance as a minor, don't you find that interesting that he now champions removing said assistance?

I can play this game with you all day.

Answer me this:

Do you not find it disingenuous that Carson rails against the same public assistance he benefited from?

I'm putting you on the spot RB:

How does it make sense that Carson is advocating against programs that helped him when he was in need?
Maybe his mom would have found a job if she wasn't on public assistance.

Maybe public assistance kept his family poorer.

BrownArmy

Maybe his mom would have found a job if she wasn't on public assistance.

Maybe public assistance kept his family poorer.

Carson himself said his family wouldn't have survived without GUVMT assistance.

You didn't answer my question.

Carson was a benefactor of public assistance.

He currently disagrees with public assistance.

Square that for me, RB.

(On a side-note, let's be clear, public assistance for civilians ain't all that much...public assistance for corporations, very much mucho better!!)