Big announcement coming in Jan

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Short of the friend word I got some serious disrespectful talk . If I had known that a big chunk of white supremacist attitude was what was in store for me I would have called the cops and have them impound them.

LOL, gotta watch out for those white supremacists on Schwinns.

It will be fine

Something tells me that if this happened at all, it didn't happen the way he says. Just when he was at the point he should have put the shovel down, he decided to use TWO shovels.
He’s about to tell us about how they were actually Ninja white supremacists and he fought them off with his cane sword.

bacha29

Good for you! Recognizing that there is value in studying Scripture! Mix in a little humility and you too can be redeemed.
There you go again, judging on the basis of your belief that I in your opinion need what you believe to be redemption. What you believe to be the need for "redemption" I call self righteousness.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
He’s about to tell us about how they were actually Ninja white supremacists and he fought them off with his cane sword.

Either that or he hit them with his super-intellectual 3D chess repartee and it froze their brains and allowed him to push each of them over with just one finger.

It will be fine

ABC7E6DC-92AA-44DB-8BDA-2E9AC8B80421.gif

McFeely

Huge Member
I’m honestly curious as to how the handoff is going to happen.

-after each package has been SIPed at an Express station?
-separated at the local ramp?

Sometimes our sort at my Express station isn’t done until 0900, would the Resi stops be shuttled to the nearest Ground facility at that point?

I don’t argue that Ground can deliver these cheaper than Express, just wondering the logistics behind the separating and shuttling and still get the stuff delivered on time.

Myort

I feel this could be a cluster. I have worked in hub ops and ramp ops so I have an idea how they would do this. The 2 day and a express saver that moves in the day sorts and arrives at the destination ramps the evening/night before could be sent to ground stations from the ramps. However, lots of express saver and 2 day ends up on the night sorts for various reasons. I envision a hybrid system where depending on when it arrives at destination ramp it goes to express or ground station. Express stations will not have as much staffing and there would be volume spikes randomly.

Maui

I’m honestly curious as to how the handoff is going to happen.

-after each package has been SIPed at an Express station?
-separated at the local ramp?

Sometimes our sort at my Express station isn’t done until 0900, would the Resi stops be shuttled to the nearest Ground facility at that point?

I don’t argue that Ground can deliver these cheaper than Express, just wondering the logistics behind the separating and shuttling and still get the stuff delivered on time.

Consistent with speculation this will happen at the origin. We now know it will be on the origin ramp and Express will make the pup. These will remain Express packages. FXG will be paid by Express to complete the delivery like a cartage agent. All commitments and money-back will still apply. They will have an URSA that routes it. The pickup courier will load it with their all their deferred freight and the ramp will bulk load a trailer. The system will determine which packages can make the service commitment when labels are created.

I wonder how customer service will work. If the package is missing or late will traces go the destination Express station? There is a ton we don't know. What can be certain is FedEx will be more profitable. Hopefully that gets to the employees.

It will start in GSO with 2D and XS. New markets are planned to start in April. Typically, these rollouts do not stay on schedule so it wouldn't be surprising if it is refined in GSO a little longer than initially planned.

You could see this coming especially after the 2017 Kelly v. FedEx Ground decision cemented the ISP model. There was never any legal reason preventing the OpCos from contracting with each other.