BIG FREEZE!

S

selfcancelsignal

Your twig and berrys do.
Always fun trying to find those this frigid time of year through pants, long johns, & boxer briefs when you hafta wizz really bad out in the middle of nowhere on a splitty.

Thebrownstreak

My first christmas, we had a week of just -single digit to -teens. I left the truck run all day. This was before telematics, but i would have had 325 recording while idling

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Apparently not. The union is fully aware of this and is doing nothing. Telemetrics wins!
The union will never be able to prevent the company from making ridiculous statements or coming up with idiotic rules and policies. Its their company and they have the right to be as stupid as they want.

What the union CAN do....is to keep us from getting suspended or terminated simply because we failed to obey those stupid rules and policies.

There is no conceivable way that any sort of disciplinary action will ever be upheld against an employee who idled the vehicle in order to run the heater when the temperature is below zero. At some point, rather than blaming the union it becomes the responsibility of the employee to simply grow a pair and do what is necessary.

As a practical matter, sitting in an unheated vehicle when its below freezing will cause the windshield to fog up and ice over, leaving you with no choice but to run the heater anyway.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As a lad from NH, I can remember -35, without the wind chill. At -35, when your drunk date leans against the plastic window in a canvas topped CJ-5, the window shatters.
Hopefully you were wearing a helmet during the action that caused the window to shatter.

Rico

No exposed flesh at -35 in a canvas topped Jeep. The inside temperature is pretty damm close to the outside temperature.