Bigger wage increase for PT's still under progression?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Scuderia, May 8, 2013.

1. Scuderia

Scuderia Member

If I'm understanding this right, someone with less than one year seniority (90+ days) will go from making $9.50 to $10.70 on August 1st? $0.50 from the new progression and $0.70 from the GWI?

Not hating on rookies BTW, just trying to get my facts straight. I think it's about time that the starting wage was something decent. Thanks.

UPSraises.jpg
    UPSraises.jpg

2. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

As I posted in another thread:

(*these figures do not include the $1 premium, which will be maintained)

Old Progression
    * start: $8.50
    * after 90 days: $9.50
    * after 1 year: $10
    * after 2 years: $10.50
    * after 3 years: $11
    * after 4 years: $11.87

New Progression:
    * start: $10
    * after 1 year: $10.50
    * after 2 years: $11
    * after 3 years: $12
    * after 4 years: $12.50

What does this mean?
    PTers who've been with the company less than three years will see adjustments to their wages (everybody else follows the general wage increase):

-- PTers who've been with the company less than one year will be bumped from $9.50 to $10.20 on August 1, then $10.50 on their first anniversary. They will follow the general wage increases, but be bumped from $11.90 to $12 on their third anniversary.

--PTers who've been with the company less than two years will be bumped to $10.70 on August 1, then $11.00 on their first anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increases.

-- PTers who've been with the company less than three years will be bumped to $11.20 on August 1, then $12.00 on their third anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increase.

So if you've been here between two & three years, you're the winner this contract.

-- Incumbent PTers with less than three years BENEFIT from the wage progression in seeing immediate wage increases.

-- New hires will follow the wage progression whereas incumbent PTers will receive the general wage increases. While the wage progression is stronger in the early years -- which BENEFITS incumbent employees, ultimately the general wage increases reign. Thus incumbent employees hired in today will be earning $13.40 by the end of the contract, whereas new hires in three months will receive only $12.50.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/tentative-agreement-349990/index9.html#ixzz2SlS0KZiK

3. RealPerson

RealPerson Active Member

Part-Time Wages
    The International Union announced that part-time wages are going up by $1.50. But the real increase is only 50 cents.
    That's because the $1 raise that you get after 90 days in the present contract has been eliminated. In the proposed contract, part-timers don't get their first increase until the one-year mark. Plus $1.50 and minus $1.
    Is a 50¢ increase worth the hoopla

4. UPS Preloader

UPS Preloader Active Member

5. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

I'm confused as to why you'd believe $11, but there's nothing to disagree with.

-- New employees are hired at $8.50 to start, increasing to $9.50 after 90-days.
    -- Per the contract, on August 1, these employees will receive a 70c raise, therefore seeing their wage increase to $10.20.
    -- The progression scale guarantees employees with less than one year $10. At $10.20, they're above this floor.
    -- Per the contract, once these employees reach 1-year, they're guaranteed $10.50, therefore their pay will be adjusted.
    -- On August 1, 2014, these employees will receive another 70c raise, seeing their wage increase to $11.20.
    -- On their second anniversary, the contract guarantees them $11.00. They are above this floor.
    -- On August 1, 2015, these employees will be bumped to $11.90.
    -- On their third anniversary, the contract guarantees them $12.00. Their pay will be adjusted accordingly.
    Further wage increases are above the progression scale, thus these employees will follow the general wage increase.

6. Scuderia

Scuderia Member

Thanks.

7. UPS Preloader

UPS Preloader Active Member

LOL. I was thinking as a preloader... If you notice, I removed my post before you finished posting this. Your post is correct for those hired at the lower rate.