Bluegrass Lessons for Yankees and Yankee Fans (On Topic Please)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Another group "Union Station" with or without Alison Krauss.
Jerry Douglas, the best dobro player in the world, wrote this piece called Who's your Uncle.
Most people think of Alison as a singer but she is a world class musician as well.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've seen this group many times at festivals and they are really good.
This is not that representative of the jams they play at festivals but it's good.
Nice dobro and banjo playing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This might be a stretch for ya but this is one of my favorite bands. Seen probably 100 sets by them.
There older music is more bluegrass but Kyle, their keyboardist, drifts them into funk and just plain fun recently.

This one is a why I like them so, so much and is one of the drifts ... it is reminiscent of the Irish Dances with an ethereal Bluegrass take.
As you can see in the video, these guys love what they are doing and have fun doing it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Kind of hesitant to put this up here But here goes. my sister is the lead singer for this band
Past tense they have been toghether for about 20 years
Old time Bluegrass at its finest

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Kind of hesitant to put this up here But here goes. my sister is the lead singer for this band
Past tense they have been toghether for about 20 years
Old time Bluegrass at its finest
Sounds great! That stuff you put up with Chris Stapleton and the Steeldrivers is just awesome!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones - mostly bluegrass but he explores other genres.
Bela is an exceptional musician and surrounds himself with other exceptional musicians.
You're never sure what you'll get from him on any given night but it'll be great.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes, I listen to that channel all the time, but can't tell if the music is from 1880 or 2016. Kinda need some edumacation on the subject.
Looks like you are getting excellent input on the traditional country bluegrass.
I will concentrate on the various other types of bluegrass that are more progressive.