Boston Red Sox Set to Hire Bobby Valentine

Discussion in 'Sports' started by UpstateNYUPSer, Nov 30, 2011.

1. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The Boston Red Sox are rumored to have chosen Bobby Valentine to replace Terry Francona. Maybe it's just me but I get tired of the same managers going from team to team--I was hoping the Sox would pick an unknown to manage the team.

2. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

That's great get him of the air ! I am not a big fan of his so called expert commentary.

3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Have you seen his expert managing?

4. UpstateNYUPSer

He is better than Tim McCarver.

I was really hoping they would bring in someone with no big league managerial experience. I know they tried to get John Farrell back from the Blue Jays but Toronto would not let them talk to him. I liked a few of the names that were mentioned but am not a Bobby Valentine fan (unless, of course, we win the World Series:happy2:).

5. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Bobby Valentine , from what I understand , speaks Japanese very well. This is due to his days as a manager in the Japanese leagues. It might come in handy in case they get one of those Japanese import players.

6. island1fox

island1fox Well-Known Member

Upstate,

New York, Red Sox And World Series do not belong in the same sentence. I do not consider the Bills New England why are you not a fan of the Damn Yankees or Miracle Mets ?

7. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

[video=youtube;YdyQjoLkQ98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdyQjoLkQ98[/video]

8. UpstateNYUPSer

I was born in Rhode Island and split my youth between there and Massachusetts. Uncle Sam brought me to Upstate NY.

9. island1fox

island1fox Well-Known Member

Upstate,

I got it . Makes sense. Thank you.