Box with wine bottles pictured

Leadfarmer153

So if a box has alcohol alcohol on it...say wine beer or liquor on it, and its doesn't prompt a 21 min signature...should you just DR it or req a 21 min signature. Im newer and had this come up. No one was home so I ended up NI1 it. The box looked to be reused but I didn't wanna risk it. One older driver was busting my balls for not DRing it. But my Sup said technically you did the right thing. A clerk inspected it and its just clothes and shoes... So what would you have done?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is why I am so adamant about not picking up packages shipped in "booze boxes".

Technically you did the right thing.

What would I have done? I would have looked at the return address to see if was sent from a winery. I would have also shaken the box to listen for the rattle of bottles.

I would only DR a re-used "booze box" if I was 100% sure it didn't contain booze.

iowa boy

So if a box has alcohol alcohol on it...say wine beer or liquor on it, and its doesn't prompt a 21 min signature...should you just DR it or req a 21 min signature. Im newer and had this come up. No one was home so I ended up NI1 it. The box looked to be reused but I didn't wanna risk it. One older driver was busting my balls for not DRing it. But my Sup said technically you did the right thing. A clerk inspected it and its just clothes and shoes... So what would you have done?

You definitely did the right thing. It's not your job to play the guessing game with a box. If you are unsure at all, sheet it and bring it back. It can always be reattempted the next day.

oldngray

nowhere special
Technically you follow what the bar code indicates and not what the box looks like. Many people use old boxes to ship things so contents can be different. If you aren't sure don't DR but you wouldn't be wrong to DR either. After you have more experience you will be able to tell what's in most packages and whether you should leave them or not regardless of whether its a signature required.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you shake the box and it makes a noise and your not brain dead, it should sound like bottles hitting Styrofoam, if its not moving at all and it don't ask for sig required, dr that sumbitch lol. Im just playin witcha dude, youll get the hang of it. But on the flipside, way to be smart about it protecting your :censored2: just in case. :peaceful:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Funny, but the raw materials to make beer/wine doesn't need signature. A few college kids on route make home brew.

If you can buy it, make it! Smart kids.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you shake the box and it makes a noise and your not brain dead, it should sound like bottles hitting Styrofoam, if its not moving at all and it don't ask for sig required, dr that sumbitch lol. Im just playin witcha dude, youll get the hang of it. But on the flipside, way to be smart about it protecting your :censored2: just in case. :peaceful:

If you DR a box you aren't sure about (especially an obvious high value item that doesn't have sig reg) be double dam sure its a safe DR so you won't get burned.

barnyard

KTM rider
Better to be safe than sorry with these idiots, you know how the game is played with these crooked fools lol.

Yesterday, I picked up 13 boxes of household goods from a couple moving to Ohio. Every box came from a liquor store and they are all 03 coded. If I were delivering these, they would get DRd and forgotten about.

Way, way, way over thinking it.

Leadfarmer153

That's all I was doing. At first I set it down and DRed it. Got back to the truck and thought damn it... That box has wine bottles all over it. I did shake it. But what if its one bottle that's packed well. Plus there are 2 teenage girls that live there. I got this picture of them drunk .. went back up to the door and NI1. The driver in me said friend it just release it and keep rolling. My mind said this isn't worth my job. It's one delivery they shouldn't be reusing wine boxes.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You know what im saying grayman, use a little brain power to make smart decisions on the job, that's all im implying. If it pops up sig req you get a signature. If you get a 40 inch tv and doesn't require a signature, you get them to sign anyway or the neighbor to sign, if theres not a safe place to leave it, out of sight and out of weather. Its all about making smart judgement calls on this job, you've been there. You know what im saying.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That's all I was doing. At first I set it down and DRed it. Got back to the truck and thought damn it... That box has wine bottles all over it. I did shake it. But what if its one bottle that's packed well. Plus there are 2 teenage girls that live there. I got this picture of them drunk .. went back up to the door and NI1. The driver in me said friend it just release it and keep rolling. My mind said this isn't worth my job. It's one delivery they shouldn't be reusing wine boxes.
Good job and smart call. Youll get the hang of it, protect that :censored2: in the beginning I don't blame ya 1 bit.