Boycotting RickyB

vantexan

So the guy (I always though he was just some punk kid who lived in his parents basement) liked to brag up his country and run down the USA---big deal. We do the same although it's not like we have much to brag about at the moment. I didn't find him all that offensive and found sparing with him humorous. Us Minnesotans don't care much for Canada anyway. They keep sending us their cold fronts.
Apparently you missed his constant excuse making for the recent attack on Israel and his equivocating what Hamas did with what happens in the U.S. and Israel to minorities.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So the guy (I always though he was just some punk kid who lived in his parents basement) liked to brag up his country and run down the USA---big deal. We do the same although it's not like we have much to brag about at the moment. I didn't find him all that offensive and found sparing with him humorous. Us Minnesotans don't care much for Canada anyway. They keep sending us their cold fronts.
We do not know what triggered the banning? I don't think it was from his terrorist defending. Mods here are quite tolerant as I see it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Apparently you missed his constant excuse making for the recent attack on Israel and his equivocating what Hamas did with what happens in the U.S. and Israel to minorities.
I've learned to mostly ignore world politics. My blood pressure is high enough as it is. It's not like you or I could do anything to change what has been going on for thousands of years in the mid-east and eastern Europe. Iseral and Ukraine are both wastes of USA taxpayer money. The old "domino affect" has been proven to a bad reason for enrolment. I say stay out of other pople's business - quit trying to be the peace keeper of the world. Its a losing battle in the end.

vantexan

I've learned to mostly ignore world politics. My blood pressure is high enough as it is. It's not like you or I could do anything to change what has been going on for thousands of years in the mid-east and eastern Europe. Iseral and Ukraine are both wastes of USA taxpayer money. The old "domino affect" has been proven to a bad reason for enrolment. I say stay out of other pople's business - quit trying to be the peace keeper of the world. Its a losing battle in the end.
Maybe so, but part of civilization is standing up to savagery, not condone it. And our moderator did the only thing he could do. Right now there's a daily poster for years who is agitated because he can't spread lies and venom. A small victory for decency.

Box Ox

m1.GIF

bbsam

Staff member
The biggest question at this point is why anyone would give any more attention to an obvious attention starved, attention seeking troll.
So much attention that they’ll start a whole thread about how his point of view should be ignored and in fact boycotted. Like people are so thin skinned and weak minded that they must be protected from thoughts lest their own faculties melt into formless, tasteless, inert waste. You know. Snowflakes.

Thebrownblob

So much attention that they’ll start a whole thread about how his point of view should be ignored and in fact boycotted. Like people are so thin skinned and weak minded that they must be protected from thoughts lest their own faculties melt into formless, tasteless, inert waste. You know. Snowflakes.
Hmmm, I think most gave him space to say what he wanted. Until he justifies one sides government, purposely targeting and slaughter innocent civilians. Plenty of blame to go around in the Middle East but no excuse for that.