Breaking Up Call-Ins With Optional Day

bakagigee

I have perfect attendance on a preload sort but something has come up and I need four days off to take care of something. It is my understanding if I call in on a Monday and Tuesday that only counts as 1 call-in because they are consecutive, and then if I take an optional day on Wednesday, call in Thursday and then work Friday as normal, I would technically only be charged two call-ins. The Mon/Tue as one and the Thur as one. I know it's a weird situation but is that your understanding of how that would work?

that is my understanding here in the central. I would definitely talk to your steward and not take my word for it though. Here, we can call in up to 3 days in a row which is still only one occurrence, anything more than that needs FMLA. I agree that the optional day should break up the call in's into two separate occurrences, but don't be surprised if management makes you fight them over it, as they are management and horrible humans for the most part. So it might be better to use the optional at the beginning or tail end, bc then I believe it would only count as one occurrence. unless you've already put it in/are past the time allotted to put one in.

Brownwind

I have perfect attendance on a preload sort but something has come up and I need four days off to take care of something. It is my understanding if I call in on a Monday and Tuesday that only counts as 1 call-in because they are consecutive, and then if I take an optional day on Wednesday, call in Thursday and then work Friday as normal, I would technically only be charged two call-ins. The Mon/Tue as one and the Thur as one. I know it's a weird situation but is that your understanding of how that would work?
No one cares. Your on preload. They are begging you to take days off. Put your name on the calendar and forget about it.

You have options

If you’re really worried call in every day. If you are not worried. Call in day one and every day after. Another option is to call in day 1 through 4. Seriously just call in.

Another option is your allowed three no call no show days. Don’t do that. It just makes problems.

Just call in all four days and it's only one occurrence. Easy peasy

JustDeliverIt

Don't need details, but how is management with you? They play favorites. If you don't have problem(misloads, attendance, etc) then if you talk to them with them feeling they are "overstaffed" daily they will probably work with you.

If you are not on their good side, they might get pissy. Talk to a steward locally and get a feel for your building but in most normal situations just call in or use your days.

Thebrownblob

Yes

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I know it's after 5 for us but not many have that language.
1710503199074.gif

Maybe try talking to the supervisor.
Things are slow right now he might be able to work something out with you

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What is so important you can’t make it to work for a week?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Your state have family leave?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
One of the worst times in UPS history to test the boundaries of our contract.

Just be a man and tell them the truth.
If they say no, THEN be your local's test guinea pig.
giphy.gif