Britain Stuns the World

BrownArmy

Having Won, Some ‘Brexit’ Campaigners Begin Backpedaling

...'Promises to quickly reduce immigration levels are also being played down. Migration was the cornerstone of the Leave campaign, which objected to the European Union’s insistence on the free movement of labor, capital, goods and services. Since 2004, when 10 more countries joined the European Union, large numbers of eastern and southern Europeans have moved to Britain for work.

Mr. Johnson argued that it was impossible for the government to reduce immigration while in the European Union. His ally Michael Gove, the justice secretary, said a leave vote would “bring down the numbers” by 2020. Experts have long said that would be very hard to pull off. The European Union has demanded from nonmember states — Norway, for example — free movement of workers in exchange for access to the bloc’s single market.

On Friday, the day after the referendum, Daniel Hannan, a member of the European Parliament and one of the most knowledgeable advocates of Brexit, stunned some viewers of the BBC by saying: “Frankly, if people watching think that they have voted and there is now going to be zero immigration from the E.U., they are going to be disappointed
."...

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Having Won, Some ‘Brexit’ Campaigners Begin Backpedaling

...'Promises to quickly reduce immigration levels are also being played down. Migration was the cornerstone of the Leave campaign, which objected to the European Union’s insistence on the free movement of labor, capital, goods and services. Since 2004, when 10 more countries joined the European Union, large numbers of eastern and southern Europeans have moved to Britain for work.

Mr. Johnson argued that it was impossible for the government to reduce immigration while in the European Union. His ally Michael Gove, the justice secretary, said a leave vote would “bring down the numbers” by 2020. Experts have long said that would be very hard to pull off. The European Union has demanded from nonmember states — Norway, for example — free movement of workers in exchange for access to the bloc’s single market.

On Friday, the day after the referendum, Daniel Hannan, a member of the European Parliament and one of the most knowledgeable advocates of Brexit, stunned some viewers of the BBC by saying: “Frankly, if people watching think that they have voted and there is now going to be zero immigration from the E.U., they are going to be disappointed
."...

John Oliver on Brexit...

(major friend-bombs ahead)
The propaganda is strong with this one.

BrownArmy

The propaganda is strong with this one.

Let's be fair with each other, the 'propaganda' was strong on both sides of this argument.

You're on one side, I'm on the other. Shocker.

I get bumbed out however when I read that many of the very people that voted to 'Leave' were actually the largest recipients of EU 'welfare'.

The 'Leave' candidates are already walking back on every point they were making when they were urging the British to leave.

Interesting.

BrownArmy

When Trump wins, I already know what you will say now.

"Trump scales back on campaign promises."

And you will gleefully post it.

True or not.

So you agree with me that there is no way that Trump can carry through with his campaign promises?

Like I said before, if Trump wins, well, there we are.

If Trump loses, then Hillary will be President, in which case, Hillary will be President.

Not a lot of good options in this election.

And, 'gleefully'?

Really, just: no.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So you agree with me that there is no way that Trump can carry through with his campaign promises?

Like I said before, if Trump wins, well, there we are.

If Trump loses, then Hillary will be President, in which case, Hillary will be President.

Not a lot of good options in this election.

And, 'gleefully'?

Really, just: no.
You are almost as delusional as TOS and DIDO.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpeg