Broncos

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
LOL. I don't believe for a moment that John Elway thinks Tim Tebow is a better NFL QB than Kyle Orton, do you? So, yeah, numbers do lie.
No, but I don't believe for a moment that John Elway thinks Kyle Orton is a better NFL QB that Tony Romo either. He lost his starting job because he was playing awful (terrible numbers) and based on his career stats even if he turned things around they didn't think he was a long term solution so they might as well find out what they have in Tebow. I predict they will be a taking a QB in the first round.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
LOL. I don't believe for a moment that John Elway thinks Tim Tebow is a better NFL QB than Kyle Orton, do you? So, yeah, numbers do lie.

Rarely does a greenhorn quarterback take over the reins of a team and look as polished as one that has been in the league a while. Consider looking back at the first few seasons of the greats. They spent their time trying to survive in the pocket let alone trying to find the open receiver. Think about Elway. What made him a great scrambler? Sure it takes some natural ability but perhaps what Elway sees in Tebow was himself at that same stage in their careers. Whether it is pretty or not Tebow has rallied the team and gave them something they were not getting with Orton at the helm......a "W" in the win column.

bbsam

Staff member
Rarely does a greenhorn quarterback take over the reins of a team and look as polished as one that has been in the league a while. Consider looking back at the first few seasons of the greats. They spent their time trying to survive in the pocket let alone trying to find the open receiver. Think about Elway. What made him a great scrambler? Sure it takes some natural ability but perhaps what Elway sees in Tebow was himself at that same stage in their careers. Whether it is pretty or not Tebow has rallied the team and gave them something they were not getting with Orton at the helm......a "W" in the win column.
My question would be, "what else happened in Denver?". Orton won in Chi. Orton won in Denver. Then it fell apart. Why? Looking forward to the Chicago/Tebow game though. Make me a believer. If Tebow can escape that kind of linebacker speed (not to mention Peppers) I will be incredibly impressed and willing to believe Tebow is here to reform the QB back to the 1950's.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My question would be, "what else happened in Denver?". Orton won in Chi. Orton won in Denver. Then it fell apart. Why? Looking forward to the Chicago/Tebow game though. Make me a believer. If Tebow can escape that kind of linebacker speed (not to mention Peppers) I will be incredibly impressed and willing to believe Tebow is here to reform the QB back to the 1950's.
Because Orton is the kind of QB who needs a strong complementary running game to be successful.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Farve was untamed.
He had his own style and he frustrated everyone.

Why does a QB have to follow a prescribed school of play?
Let Tebow be a wild stallion; recognize his strength and work with him.

Just don't build a team only on Tebow's skill set.

bbsam

Staff member
Farve was untamed.
He had his own style and he frustrated everyone.

Why does a QB have to follow a prescribed school of play?
Let Tebow be a wild stallion; recognize his strength and work with him.

Just don't build a team only on Tebow's skill set.
Because Mike Vick has his own style of play too and got $100 million for it. Problem is, there's alot of tape on Vick and knowledge of how to stop him. Now Philly has a team built around a wad of cash that has to somehow play to his strengths even though they keep losing. Remember how Chicago plays Vick? And you think Tebow's going to outshine that kind of ability? That will take devine intervention.

fethrs

Can you imagine how much more fun Elway, Fouts and Marino would have playing in today's wide open games?

Got to see Elway, Fouts and Seau at yesterdays disappointing Chargers/Broncos game.

Chargers suck this season.

Tebow had some good plays and a bunch of younger fans in the crowd.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
We all have our natural abilities. Every one of us has talents....some are natural inclinations and others are developed with effort. There is no reason that Tebow cannot develop his natural inclinations and become a better quarterback with some effort. Already he is making spot on passes that he was not even close on a few weeks ago. It'll come.....you watch and see.

ups1990

Got to see Elway, Fouts and Seau at yesterdays disappointing Chargers/Broncos game.

Chargers suck this season.

Tebow had some good plays and a bunch of younger fans in the crowd.

Man, this team has taken many steps backwards. If this season wasn't bad enough, did you see Brees last night? The Brees curse and now they have Sproles playing a huge role for the Saints.

TheKid

People always think something cannot work because it never has. (does that make sense ?) People were probably saying the same thing about the "forward pass" 60 yrs. ago. I just think that good defenses will be able to contain him. He is fun to watch though. I hope they make the playoffs for pure entertainment value. Also I like the kind of person he is. Better than rooting for Vick or Suh or Burress.

bbsam

Staff member
We all have our natural abilities. Every one of us has talents....some are natural inclinations and others are developed with effort. There is no reason that Tebow cannot develop his natural inclinations and become a better quarterback with some effort. Already he is making spot on passes that he was not even close on a few weeks ago. It'll come.....you watch and see.
Because no decent receiver is going to want to play there. They need to earn there's too and playing second fiddle to a last minute hero won't develop their skills for the Broncos or any other team that might have interest in them,

fethrs

I have a Brees/Chargers jersey. I rarely wear it but I am fan of his. I hear Turner is out at the end of the season...now what?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Sunday NFL countdown just flashed Tebow's stats against some guy named Elway.

I think the Broncos could make it to the dance.