Brown Cafe Bon Voyage Weekend!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by stevetheupsguy, Feb 2, 2010.

1. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Okay, it'll be here sooner than you think. Who's on board for the Bon Voyage Weekend events? We can set up a dinner and some bar time, or we can all meet at a bar and have a merry farewell. We can arrange to meet in the middle of where you guys are staying. Let's start getting this thing set up.

2. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

hmmm, thinking...will let ya know if I don't pop a fuse. lol

Maybe we should start with the arrival day and time that everyone is going to be in Miami or Ft.Lauderdale. My wife and I will be coming in Saturday after noon, around 1400-1500 I think. We are staying at a Best Western on South Beach so there is a good place to hang out for a time at no cost. Not sure about any available seating though. IMO, a dinner would not be conducive to mingling and conversation. But this is all I have for right now. Anyone else? When y'all gettin there?

3. Old International

Old International Now driving a Sterling

Somebody tell me where to be. We are staying at the soffital on blue lagoon. I think we will make the hotel by 1500, so we will have the late afternoon/evening to dine or mingle or whatever.........

4. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Have you guys seen the movie TITANIC?

5. Old International

Ain't no icebergs in the Gulf of Mexico or the carriban. But we do cut thru one leg of the devils triangle.

6. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Keep your eyes wide open for a mysterious looking fog !!

7. stevetheupsguy

I stayed in the Sofitel on Blue Lagoon last Saturday night. It was a really nice hotel, OI.

8. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Ill be at my house crying in my cocktails.

9. whiskey

whiskey New Member

I'll be sipping single malt scotch and smoking a cuban cigar on Eagle beach, Aruba, just prior to kick off.

10. jw55wags

jw55wags New Member

I will be somewhere doing something while you guys are somewhere doing something together. I think??? Beers Beers Beers then kick off!!!!

11. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I really don't think there will be a "kickoff" associated with the event/s this thread is about. I guess we could play kick the can on the beach.

12. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

13. Old International

You do? I am sorry that you could not take advantage of the trip. Maybe next time. I would like to see Alaska before I die.

14. stevetheupsguy

They don't call you "Whiskey" for nothing.:happy2:

Sounds like you'll be in charge of Brown Cafe Cruise II.

15. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

That does sound like the voice of a volunteer.

16. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Yup, thanks for stepping up, OI!

17. Old International

I will get to Alaska, one way or another. Then I have to visit Hawiee, to complete all 50 states. I'll bet when we are ready, Amy can help us out.

18. stevetheupsguy

I'd start a poll, but don't know how. How many Cruiser's want to meet on the Saturday before the cruise? If that's too close, how about Friday? Let's take a vote to see what day we would like to meet and the locale, Miami, Ft Laud. or somewhere in between? Once we make up our minds, I'll start looking for a place to meet.

19. Old International

Saturday. We won't be there until then

20. stevetheupsguy

Yoda speak, is that? I think this will be what most people say, but we'll have to wait and see.