brownbailout = propaganda that misleads the public

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
This is a perfect description of the tactics used by brownbailout.com. The wikipedia link provides some interesting info if you're interested in finding out more about the history and uses of propaganda.

Propaganda is the dissemination of information aimed at influencing the opinions or behaviors of people. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense, often presents information primarily in order to influence its audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or gives loaded messages in order to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda.

Propaganda is the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist.

sendagain

There is no government bailout of UPS. This is nothing more than an attempt to maintain an edge on a competitor in an identical business by thwarting attempts at unionization. If America actually saw the advantage Fred had by labeling all those ground drivers as contractors, they'd get the real story behind all of this. The trouble is our public is so dumb they'll believe anything you tell them. Look who they elected as President.

Solidarity413

There is no government bailout of UPS. This is nothing more than an attempt to maintain an edge on a competitor in an identical business by thwarting attempts at unionization. If America actually saw the advantage Fred had by labeling all those ground drivers as contractors, they'd get the real story behind all of this. The trouble is our public is so dumb they'll believe anything you tell them. Look who they elected as President.

Woah, contradictory comment.

feederdude

Fred-Ex ride will be over soon. Once they have to compete eye to eye, we will say bye-bye. Get used to having to rely on labor agreements as a way of life, or in your case death. The UPS culture will bring you to your knees.
signed,
Feederdude

mungrin

Banned
Fred-Ex ride will be over soon. Once they have to compete eye to eye, we will say bye-bye. Get used to having to rely on labor agreements as a way of life, or in your case death. The UPS culture will bring you to your knees.
signed,
Feederdude

Agreed.I am so confident that Fedex's days are numbered.
Id be willing to put money on it.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
how does fedex4life still have an account here? it is obvious he is only here to disrespect UPS and fellow posters on this board.

time for him to go bye bye.

P

pickup

no thanks . you and your people have done enough already.

wow, tieguy and everyone else united with everyone else against a common enemy. Its like Lex Luthor and Superman teaming up against Darkseid in an episode of justice league unlimited.

I included the clip for the curious. You only need a minute and 11 seconds to get the full jist. For the purposes of the analogy, Tie guy can be lex luthor, soberups can be superman(big s on the chest), and 705red can be batman. . How more fitting, because these characters at brown cafe have gone at it here, plus batman is a little crazy and unpredictable but crafty, just like our beloved 705red. The minions in the green can by seen as all the fedexers who drink the purple koolaide ( like fedex4life) . Just imagine purple where you see green. And for Darkseid, well who else would that represent but Fred S?

[video=youtube;aOmMTRZyoIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOmMTRZyoIY[/video]

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
90% of the posters do that from what I've seen.

Sweet....

My best buddy explains it like this...

"...I can call my sister an itch bia ...she is my sister. You call my sister a itch bia...I am in your face and it ain't pretty."

From what I can tell in my short tenure on Brown Cafe...it is family dishing on famiily. I am starting to pick up on the personalities and what a family gathering would be like....

Just don't be a stranger and come knockin on my front door to tell me that my house s*cks and expect me to welcome you as a guest.

And to report someone...I never thought about using that feature.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Even though Brownbailout.com is a complete and utter lie, it's apparently working. Cheryl posted a poll on the FedEx side that says most Americans are buying Fred's crap, which doesn't say much for their intelligence level.

That aside, my people tell me that Smith is confident his lobbyists have accomplished their goal and that his RLA exemption will be continued. 2 days ago, he announced a big "EFFU" via email to his employees in which it was revealed there would be ZERO raises for 2009 and a conditional 2% in 2010. This is pretty solid evidence that he thinks UPS and the Teamsters have been beaten down. If he was truly afraid the RLA was going away he would have put something substantial in good faith on the table.