brownbailout = propaganda that misleads the public

bbsam

Staff member
6 years and Fedex is just a lil UPS knock-off
having worked at ups 17 years ago, i remember things a little differently. i believe th delivery information acquisition device came about soon after the competition (rps) came out with their barcode tracking. remember hand sheeting with the weight of the box being the closes you could get to an id? next day air came years after express had carved out their niche. so really, who's a knock-off of whom? and really mungrin, if you are ever in western illinois, swing by the golf course and let me get a gander at that check stub. it makes me smile to remember being a brown blooded wage slave. or more precisely being happy that i'm not anymore.:happy2:

mungrin

Banned
having worked at ups 17 years ago, i remember things a little differently. i believe th delivery information acquisition device came about soon after the competition (rps) came out with their barcode tracking. remember hand sheeting with the weight of the box being the closes you could get to an id? next day air came years after express had carved out their niche. so really, who's a knock-off of whom? and really mungrin, if you are ever in western illinois, swing by the golf course and let me get a gander at that check stub. it makes me smile to remember being a brown blooded wage slave. or more precisely being happy that i'm not anymore.:happy2:
Keep drinking that kool-aid.Listen,if ur upset that you got fired from UPS,im sorry but you are in denial if you think working at Fedex is better than working at UPS.They can fire you for wearing the wrong colored sox,plus they are going out of business.

Overpaid Union Thug

Awwwh! Former UPS employee huh? Now that explains everything. Thinks for getting off the porch though and making room for the rest of the big dogs.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

ups had air in the 30's..if only they would have just stayed with it. By the way it sounds ups and fedex pretty much are in a dead heat on the air volume.

upsgrunt

Where at in Western Illinois?

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
It probably should not be called a bailout. Other than that, everything seemed pretty factual; A union company has a non union competitor, so they create an issue that the employees at the non-union shop don't even care about, and spearhead it for no other reason than to hobble the competitor.

bbsam

Staff member
ups had air in the 30's..if only they would have just stayed with it. By the way it sounds ups and fedex pretty much are in a dead heat on the air volume.
that's correct about air volume. of course in this economy, a lot of shippers finally figured out that much of what they shipped next day or 2nd day could get there just as fast with ground service.

pretzel_man

It probably should not be called a bailout. Other than that, everything seemed pretty factual; A union company has a non union competitor, so they create an issue that the employees at the non-union shop don't even care about, and spearhead it for no other reason than to hobble the competitor.

An there lies the issue with the FedEx position.

They claim that they are being hobbled, when in fact they are using their status to hurt UPS.

Why do they use their RLA status as a selling point to win UPS customers if its not an advantage for them?

Why do they at contract time send letters to UPS customers offering to ensure capacity for them if they switch?

Explain to me what a law enacted in the 1930's which was meant to address problems from the 1880's has to do with a truck driver delivering a package in 2009?

The FedEx position makes no sense to me... Of course what they are doing is legal today, but the law is bad and outdated.

They are in the same business as UPS, and should have the same labor laws. Its a nice spin to say that losing their advantage will "hobble" them.

P-Man