Build a mosque...

moreluck

golden ticket member
y

l7h6at-b78679743z.120100820164939000gfbpvl4p.1.jpg

wkmac

In 2003, Imam Rauf was invited to speak at a memorial service for Daniel Pearl, the journalist murdered by Islamist terrorists in Pakistan. The service was held at B'nai Jeshurun, a prominent synagogue in Manhattan, and in the audience was Judea Pearl, Daniel Pearl's father. In his remarks, Rauf identified absolutely with Pearl, and identified himself absolutely with the ethical tradition of Judaism. "I am a Jew," he said.

There are those who would argue that these represent mere words, chosen carefully to appease a potentially suspicious audience. I would argue something different: That any Muslim imam who stands before a Jewish congregation and says, "I am a Jew," is placing his life in danger. Remember, Islamists hate the people they consider apostates even more than they hate Christians and Jews. In other words, the man many commentators on the right assert is a terrorist-sympathizer placed himself in mortal peril in order to identify himself with Christians and Jews, and specifically with the most famous Jewish victim of Islamism.

Ground Zero Imam

I sure hope you are posting this vid link for humor. Anyone that looks to Jon Stewart for unbiased and serious information on anything, may as well be listening to Nancy Pelosi. Stewart is famous for piecing cut clips for humor sake and he spins the truth or down right lies to get the desired laugh.
Example, in his analysis of the clips Stewart states that all of this is from the last 24 hours when one of the clips was clearly dated Dec of 2009. Stewart just proved that the laugh was worth more to him than the truth.

diesel96

It is repeatedly said that 64% of the people, after listening to the political demagogues, don’t want the mosque to be built. What would we do if 75% of the people insist that no more Catholic churches be built in New York City? The point being is that majorities can become oppressors of minority rights as well as individual dictators. Statistics of support is irrelevant when it comes to the purpose of government in a free society—protecting liberty.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2010-08-20/r...iots-stop-your-demagogy-about-the-nyc-mosque/

BTW Trplnkl, Your example gets an friend . Stewart did prefaced the video clip was in 2009 (many months ago) the Community Center/Mosque approved by the NYC Community Board and endorsed by Local Jewish and Christian Communities leaders and even Fox News spin factor didn't even get worked up ... Please feel free to debunk the comedian's, (quote) "unbiased humor". When you call somebody a liar, you ought to come up with stronger persuassion w/o envoking the name of Nancy Pelosi.......

diesel96

And you people honored this guy for a 9/12 rally ?

[video=youtube;IUqR9stMBSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUqR9stMBSk[/video]

diesel96

That's real strong Lue... I guess you told Obama supporters. You nailed it on the head with this brainstrorm Lue, this boils down to Republicans idea of regaining control in 2012...nice work. The GOP think-Tank is impressed, I'm sure....

BTW Muslim haters, to choose the date and place of the "I Have A Dream Speech" is a slap to all Americans who were killed, shot, K-9 chew toys, beaten, fire-hosed, and worked for decades to get Civil Rights for ALL Americans. Gee, what could I compare this to in todays society and issues that Glenn (the President hates White People) Beck and Sarah (you go girl Dr Laura "N"-word) Palin can relate to.
Oh yes Park 51 New York City just because they can legally do it, doesn't mean that it should be done. What about being "sensitive" to all of the real Americans that will be offended by the rally at the Lincoln Memorial. Where is the compassion and the care for these people? Sound familiar Conservative (Constitution by Convienence) people.
I know it seems hypocritical that they can demand care and compassion from an entire religion the Muslim Faith while they go blindly like a bull in a China Shop thru America as long as they get to do Both Glenn and Sarah would have made great midway pitchmen if they had lived back in the late 1800s they could have sold snake oil with the best of them but caring about "America" don't make me puke my guts out. With those two, it's all about the dead presidents and the larger the bills the better.....show them the money.

One other point, let's start by agreeing that if Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin have been given a permit to hold a rally at the Lincoln Memorial, they have a right to do so. However, because both have shown through their words/actions that they believe that states have the right to secede from the union, their decision to hold their rally at this particular location is offensive to the memory of Abraham Lincoln and, by extension, to the American people.
Beck and Palin have made it very clear in recent days that they believe there there are occasions when public sentiment must carry more weight than one's rights. Given this, I am sure Beck and Palin won't mind moving the rally to a more appropriate location. I suggest that it be moved to Fort Sumter, the site of the first battle of the Civil War. Since Beck and Palin are devoted to the cause of dividing Americans, this would be an ideal location.

klein

Für Meno :)
This whole thread stinks anyways, and I agree totally with Diesel !

First of all, I seen where the Mosque is suppose to be built, it's almost 4 blocks away from ground zero, - 1 block west, and 3 more blocks to the north.

Secondly, what the hell are americans doing in Iraq and Afghanistan ?
What are they trying to archieve there ?

Kill all muslims, or the opposite, make them live a better life ? Or is it just for the oil ?
According to almost every American, is that the US is fighting for a better life for those muslims living there.

Odd, that they are not welcomed in the States though !
(We are fighten for your freedom, but if you come to the US, we will take that away from you) !

Money well spent, once again.. just a few trillion.... in senseless wars.

diesel96

Despite the right-wing media's claim that their opposition to Park51 -- the planned Islamic community center in Lower Manhattan -- is not about restricting religious freedom, protests have sprung up nationwide in opposition to local mosques and Islamic community centers in the wake of the manufactured controversy. These protests follow the right-wing's relentless assault on not just Park51, but Islam in general.

Newt Gingrich said

Islama-homophobe hysteria now springing up like grass on a well watered Chia Pet. He's the latest....http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/25/ahmed-h-sharif-muslim-tax_n_694789.html

diesel96

wkmac.. I feel the need to "pile on"... thx for the find

"Jon Stewart continued his coverage of the 'Ground Zero Mosque' debate last night, focusing on Fox News' incongruities harder than he ever has. In a segment called "The Parent Company Trap," Stewart shared with his viewers how Fox News' plan to "follow the money" from mosque builder Imam Rauf to terrorists will be a tricky one because it leads right back to Fox News.
Stewart showed clips from his show last week, in which he mocked Fox News for playing a dangerous game of association based on speculation, and wherein Fox continued to mention a nameless man with ties to Imam Rauf through the "Kingdom Foundation." It turns out the man they are referring to but never name is Saudi prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, one of the biggest shareholders of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.
Showing a photo of the prince shaking hands with Rupet Murdoch, Stewart exclaimed, "That's right, the guy they're painting as a sinister money force OWNS Fox News." Stewart then used Fox's own logic to explain how the "terror mosque" is funded by Prince Alwaleed, despite being a co-owner of Fox News, and therefore funding terrorism. So, using their logic, Stewart said, "If we want to cut off funding to the terror mosque, we must, together as a nation, stop watching Fox."
But with this new information, one thing is now uncertain. Did Fox actually not know the name of the Kingdom Foundation leader or that he is a News Corp investor? Or did they, as Stewart said, "purposefully cover it up because it didn't help their fear-driven narrative?"
Stewart turned to John Oliver and Wyatt Cynac to figure out whether Fox is, in fact, evil or stupid?"

Source.... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/23/stewart-fox-prince-alwaleed_n_692234.html

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Ground Zero mosque imam: Obama took speech from me

Rauf claims his book forms heart of Cairo address to Muslim world

Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf
JERUSALEM – Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the controversial Islamic leader behind the proposed Ground Zero mosque, has claimed President Obama's historic address to Muslim world was "all taken" from Rauf's book. "If you examine this chapter you will find that the (Obama) speech in Cairo was all taken from this section," Rauf stated in a February recording, which was first posted by Islam critic Walid Shoebat.
Rauf mistakenly referred to Obama as "Bush" but was clearly speaking about Obama's address to the Islamic world from Cairo, Egypt June 4, 2009.

http://www.wnd.com/2010/08/195853/

Babagounj

Strength through joy
HOMELAND INSECURITY
'Son of Hamas' warns U.S. fatally falling for lies

'Peaceful' Muslims following Quran's dictate to establish 'global Islamic state'

Posted: August 25, 2010
9:58 pm Eastern

By Art Moore
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

As the son of a Hamas co-founder who became a Christian, a spy for Israel and a consultant to the Holy Land Foundation terror-finance trial, Mosab Hassan Yousef offers a rare perspective on the Egypt-based Muslim Brotherhood – at once the spawn of nearly every major Islamic terrorist group and of "mainstream" operatives in the U.S. such as the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
Yousef, who recently was granted asylum in the U.S. after the Department of Homeland Security tried to deport him, told WND in a telephone interview Americans must understand that the ultimate goal of the highly influential Brotherhood is not terrorism but to establish a global Islamic state over the entire world.
"If they can establish this in a peaceful manner, that's fine," he said. "But they are required by the Quran to establish this global Islamic state on the rubble of every civilization, every constitution, every government."