Calling in sick??

ltdan1138

Hello, I have been working at UPS for about 5 months know. I am a sophomore in college too. I have never been late or called in sick since I have started the very first week. My supervisor(s) have told me multiple times how I am one of the hardest loaders on our belt. I'm afraid I'm starting to catch the flu. I can barely talk and I feel like I might puke soon. Would it be unacceptable to call in sick? I know I haven't worked here for too long, but I think I need a day to get better before this gets worse.. Any suggestions?? I have never called in before so I am not even sure who I call! Thank you for all the help!

If you are sick then call off. If you want to be a part time sup go in there a puke all over the place. This will show that you want to be a part time puke I mean sup.

1080Driver

It's funny.....almost every time I call in sick, I feel better as soon as I hang up the phone. Don't worry, UPS will survive without you.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I know how you feel man. In 12 years I can count on two hands the number of times I've called up and said I couldn't make it in - and two of those times were for the birth of my girls. I won't call out unless I feel like death warmed over.

Anyway, you will receive a guilt-trip like you've never before received in your life, then they'll try to bargain with you, saying they'll help you out, move you to an easier area, etc. Don't buy it. Don't crack under the pressure. In fact, try to puke while you have the supervisor on the phone. That always does the trick.

Macbrother

If you are a hard worker/respected like you said I doubt they will give you a hard time. I was in the exact same position as you a few months back; about 6 months in, no personal/sick days yet, I couldn't make it to work, I called the center, the PDS (#2 man in the building, basically #1 where I work) didn't give me a hard time at all. Just make sure you give at least 1 hour notice.

It doesn't matter if you call in, do it and feel better, i was a great sorter never asked to go home early for my first 2 years and the one day i did my sup asked me " well how sick are you" ? LOL call in dude the show will always go on....

L

Loufan

I remember one time i called in sick with strep (went to the DR) my sup was like is it "Chronic or Acute?"

I don't know dude whatever one where they give you antibiotics.

Seriously i don't even think he knew what he was asking me.

STFXG

Im curious as to how your supervisor knows you're "one of the hardest loaders on the belt"? Seems odd...