Can a "no rehire status" be changed ?

hdtvtechno

Watch and learn..If i get off work early tommorrow morning..im calling the guy in charged who put in the no-hire status for me..I'll get my job back i kid you not..(Driver's Helper) Position

UPSGUY72

Watch and learn..If i get off work early tommorrow morning..im calling the guy in charged who put in the no-hire status for me..I'll get my job back i kid you not..(Driver's Helper) Position

First of all does the guy still work for UPS and in what capasity ? Second of all how do you know excatly who put the No rehire on your name? Finally if the guy put a No-rehire on you why would he want to try to change it now???????

hdtvtechno

First of all does the guy still work for UPS and in what capasity ? Second of all how do you know excatly who put the No rehire on your name? Finally if the guy put a No-rehire on you why would he want to try to change it now???????

the guy is in charge of the whole building in the mornings...allways walking in a business dress suit.. #2 i asked the HR staff..#3 I have strong hope..as he's a nice guy

I really enjoyed working te driver's helper last year both othe driver;s who i worked with really liked me

Hatch

I was fired from Big Brown, and am trying to get back on. Only back out at the air port were I was loved by all my Sup's. I was fired from the truck hub for an infringement of login times. Of course it is a long story. I can make it quick though:
11yrs ago this happened
was shown by my Sup's Manager how to change my start time in DIAD.
showed up early all the time
changed my start time to earlier than what it was
filed grev's against the RM and GM for time shaving on drivers
got fired - for 96 lates in 1 yr and policy infringement - due to changing my start time
later the RM and GM were fired from me starting the ball rolling
now I would like to go back to the air port cause I liked doing the plane loads
but online I am black balled.

Sorry tried to make it short. I am getting in contact with HR to get my statis changed.

UPSGUY72

Well has UPS rehired you??? You told us to "watch and learn". Where watching you learning that your not getting your job back.

UPSGUY72

7 yrs ? nah
i was told 18 months by Atlanta's Corporate HQ's

The goverment requires some records to be keep 7yrs and other 10yrs. In the old day employers only kept what was need because of the space the files took up.

But these days an employee file is mostly digital which mean it takes up very little space mean they most likely to keep everything and for a longer time.

overallowed

I have only seen one person re-hired after quitting. He left on good terms. As a matter of personal opinion, I always thought his nose was the same color as the trucks. This may or may not have had something to do with his re-hire. I was also told by driver sup that all re-hires must be approved by Div Manager.

tieguy

Banned
I been out for a year now.. How long would the previous employee record be on for till it's wiped out?

never be wiped out. If you're sincerely not sure why you're coded as a no rehire then you need to contact your previous supervisor and our hr person. Find out why and if they will change it.

ROLY1417

Can a "no rehire status" be changed ?

I'm also experiencing this problem over 10 years ago had to leave due to family illness and couldn't get a leave of absence. I chose family first and now I would like to go back and my status is "no rehire" but HR through online says it can't be changed has anyone experienced this and been rehired ?? I'm down in Florida

Yes you can mine changed yesterday
FEikw3bXVHdMk.gif

BTW. That question was from 5 years ago

twoweeled

I will keep this short as I posted a prior thread related to this topic without asking this question directly. Is a negative rehire status permanent or can it be changed to rehireable by whomever has the power to do so ?
depends on what you may have done, but for the most part. It can be changed. District manager can change it. But why would he, is the question you may want to ask. A no-rehire rule has been around for a long time, but people have been rehired. Don't count on it!