Can a "no rehire status" be changed ?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I will keep this short as I posted a prior thread related to this topic without asking this question directly. Is a negative rehire status permanent or can it be changed to rehireable by whomever has the power to do so ?
Your rehire status can be changed if you know the District Manager.
The Teamsters can’t do diddly for you.

twoweeled

You all realize this thread is 8 years old....don't ya?
LMAO!! It would appear sir, I don't realize that. Damn! Sitting hear with some kind of bug infiltrating my body and head, and I'm thinking with half my brain tied behind my back. Thank you for the notification. I'll "try" and be more aware.
I wonder if he got his job back!

Dritalin

I worked at UPS during college in 06-08, No call no showed when I quit. In 2016 I was self employed and needed insurance for my family. The HR guy got the no re-hire status reversed and I was rehired.

That was in October though when they were staffing up for peak, not in April when their trying to get rid of some of the trim.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
companal makes an interesting point.

UPS at one time did have a no rehire policy for anyone that left UPS. Period. But they also had a lot of other rules that they also have relaxed, like putting family on.

But do to the shortage of available workers, they have had to modify their hiring policies. So maybe this one might change as well.

Currently, the way it is, if you quit and they classify you as available for rehire, no problem. You can go anywhere else in the world and apply again, and be treated just like anyone else off the street. Maybe just maybe you might have an edge if you were able to develop a skill that they can use.

If they classify you as a no rehire, that is a warning to the company that you either left instead of being fired (like in the case of part timers that have stolen items, but were never arrested) or you were a pain to your sups. (from work ethic, to chronic late issues, the list is endless.) Or you went over to the dark side (fedex) and leaked information to them. In these cases, UPS does not want you back. All these have happened in our building, so I know of these first hand.

I dont see them changing a rehire status any time soon.

d
@Gumby.... would you agree with dannyboy???

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I will keep this short as I posted a prior thread related to this topic without asking this question directly. Is a negative rehire status permanent or can it be changed to rehireable by whomever has the power to do so ?
HayZues?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
it appears here you can only get a no-rehire status changed if and only if your immediate pt/ft sups remain employed and request for you to be rehired. So I suppose you'd be out in the cold if your sups quit, which is very likely, of if they were just dipstickles.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I’ve had that thing flip flopped like the 2004 Election

Interview at a new center and if they take exception (railroad way of saying :censored2: no) just explain that you’re a different/better worker now.