Can UPS fire you for a Confederate flag?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1448682197.688212.jpg

C'mon, OP, tell us how you really feel.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Are you driving the General Lee?
I really don't think they go out in the parking lot looking for tasteless bumper stickers...

Like we have time to sit in the office drinking coffee and talk about tasteless bumper stickers...we have a full plate talking about other useless stuff.

Let the comments fly ladies and gentlemen....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Like we have time to sit in the office drinking coffee and talk about tasteless bumper stickers...we have a full plate talking about other useless stuff.

Let the comments fly ladies and gentlemen....

Suppose another hourly came to you with issues concerning the flag. Let's say you blew him/her off. Suppose that the same hourly came back to you with a petition signed by other hourlies asking that the flag be removed from the parking lot. What would you do?

HardknocksUPSer

This is the stupidest thread I've read yet. I've had mine on my vehicle and nobody has said a word, if the queers can fly their flag I have a right to fly the flag I want. This Is America. You can fly your rainbow flag but please STFU if I raise the flag I want.

oldngray

nowhere special
This is the stupidest thread I've read yet. I've had mine on my vehicle and nobody has said a word, if the queers can fly their flag I have a right to fly the flag I want. This Is America. You can fly your rainbow flag but please STFU if I raise the flag I want.

You have the right to offend and they have the right to be offended.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Well, you finally convinced me.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Can the company fire you for having a Confederate battle flag on your vehicle in the parking lot?

Does the union come into play or not?

Why I want to fly it is not the topic here.

Do you have a relationship with your elected Union officials ? If not , nows the time to introduce yourself!

Ask away!

image.jpg