"Carve Out"

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
OK, I'll bite on this one :
You state "from what they say, the providers remain the same".

My question here is :
Who really IS the provider?
AND...
May we see the financial cost sheets exchanged between the insurer and the union sides!

Aetna in 104,
Kaiser in the rest of the West (or whatever it is now in those States)
Blue Cross Blue Shield in Local 177.

I'm sure all finalized costs will be posted and/or disclosed at our meetings and in required filings as the law requires.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
We in Central States have the details and they aren't pretty. Most out of pocket costs are higher; some benefits that are "free" now, (prescriptions etc.) will now have a co-pay. I understand you are in a different region and some of these comparisons are apples and oranges. TeamCare is a business and they want to maximize their "profit". We were told at our informational meeting that UPS spent almost 30% of their cost (for our health care benefits) toward managing their plan. The rep for TeamCare touted that they only spend 7%! When asked why they weren't able then to duplicate UPS's plan, all we got was cricket chirping. Get to know and understand the details.

Yet the CS voted to accept the National Master Agreement. That pretty much says it all.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
There are no details released as of yet, and most of the talk is pure speculation, so I am curious on your definition of the word "NEARLY".

The IBT and the leaders of the West/Southwest were claiming that the C6 plan originally presented to us was "NEARLY" the same as what we had, and it clearly wasnt. It was chocked full of backdoor costs.

Now, "you" have used the word "NEARLY", so please define how you use the word "nearly".

Peace

TOS

Nobody here said C-6 "enhanced" was anything close to "nearly" what we had. What they said was that anyone in the Country would think that it was a good healthcare plan, but it paled in comparison to what we have now.

twoweeled

It's been 25 days since the carve out plan was agreed upon, why haven't the details been released? If the plan was truly as good as they are saying the details would have been released by now.

if the union were to give us the details now, and we were to vote soon after - we might vote it down, and be in a great position to strike ( if necessary) during peak! the union has to stall till that prime time passes, and we know better than to strike, DURING JANUARY!
just my opinion.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Southern California Teamsters are ready to campaign against the "carve-out." If the Local 63 and 952 elections are won by reformers in the coming weeks they will for sure line up with Local 89 in promoting a NO vote. That would be an amazing outcome.

upsrogue

Southern California Teamsters are ready to campaign against the "carve-out." If the Local 63 and 952 elections are won by reformers in the coming weeks they will for sure line up with Local 89 in promoting a NO vote. That would be an amazing outcome.
This could be the biggest reason that details haven't been released yet. No need to further upset the membership with an election on the line.

rpoz11

What I just can't wait for is all of these stewards, locals across the Western Conference, celebrating what "THEY" have accomplished in what is to be introduced for VOTE in our supplements.

I will call out Andy M to state EXACTLY who is on his team negotiating for us with corporate over our HC plan future.
Dont hide behind 104Feeder here.
I am seeking some truth behind who Andy has on his team to negotiate for us.
It's not my BA's!
Its not Norton!

There has been enough sequestering in regards to our future.
Members are not part of any peanut gallery.
From P/T'ers to friend/T'ers, to Feeder drivers and retired drivers who made all of this possible.
We are the people who break our backs expecting FULL representation.
Something hall hasn't done publicly.
:censored2: & H need to step up here and provide us some factuals going forward here.

Step up and REPRESENT, JC42!

ocnewguy

if the union were to give us the details now, and we were to vote soon after - we might vote it down, and be in a great position to strike ( if necessary) during peak! the union has to stall till that prime time passes, and we know better than to strike, DURING JANUARY!
just my opinion.

do you clowns even think? do you really think a strike is going to be anything but a complete disaster?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
So it turns out the "carve out" in the Southwest and Local 177 had been delayed. It turns out Andy M is not done with it.

upsrogue

So it turns out the "carve out" in the Southwest and Local 177 had been delayed. It turns out Andy M is not done with it.
How can that be when we were told the agreement was reached on Sept. 6 and 104Feeder posted that Andy gave the details at the General meeting?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Humor me. Why and how would it be a complete disaster?

(I'm in the south so out of the voting.)
If you're in the South you should already know the answer. Not exactly a lot of support for unions. Fox News pretty much blamed the entire hostess bankruptcy on their unions, if that gives you any indication of how the media would probably portray us.

ocnewguy

Humor me. Why and how would it be a complete disaster?

(I'm in the south so out of the voting.)

It's not hard to compile all the facts. High unemployment, jobs that ARE hiring are low-wage, crap/expensive/non-existent benefit retail and service positions. Hours are getting slashed, benefits reduced, raise freezes for those still employed. Oh and who the **** gets a pension anymore?

One glance at out compensation and wage package and I guarantee you no one will be shedding a tear for our "plight" of paying a small deductible 5 years from now on our no-cost medical insurance.

It's not hard to compile all the facts. High unemployment, jobs that ARE hiring are low-wage, crap/expensive/non-existent benefit retail and service positions. Hours are getting slashed, benefits reduced, raise freezes for those still employed. Oh and who the **** gets a pension anymore?

One glance at out compensation and wage package and I guarantee you no one will be shedding a tear for our "plight" of paying a small deductible 5 years from now on our no-cost medical insurance.
So basically you are saying you can't fix stupid as far as some of these posters are concerned relating to the real world???

Everyone_has_a_Price

Comparing Ups Teamsters pay and benefits to other workers in the world is irrelevant. Ups Teamsters want to maintain our earned pay and benefits based on the fact that the company is doing well. What we get we deserve.

LagunaBrown

What I just can't wait for is all of these stewards, locals across the Western Conference, celebrating what "THEY" have accomplished in what is to be introduced for VOTE in our supplements.

I will call out Andy M to state EXACTLY who is on his team negotiating for us with corporate over our HC plan future.
Dont hide behind 104Feeder here.
I am seeking some truth behind who Andy has on his team to negotiate for us.
It's not my BA's!
Its not Norton!

There has been enough sequestering in regards to our future.
Members are not part of any peanut gallery.
From P/T'ers to friend/T'ers, to Feeder drivers and retired drivers who made all of this possible.
We are the people who break our backs expecting FULL representation.
Something Ken H hasn't done publicly.
Randy C & Ron H need to step up here and provide us some factuals going forward here.

Step up and REPRESENT, JC42!

Im still waiting for your girlfriend to post this "Audio"..... LOL!