Censorship on Brown Café has Gone Overboard!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
you are way off base buddy. the mods have shown a lot of latitude lately especially with all the heated contract debates.

Probably too much latitude based on Cheryl's actions when she got back from vacation.
Actually, the Mods had been discussing it but never pulled the trigger.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Why is it that we can not express our feelings or daily events on this site.. I too have had post' removed for an unknown reason.. Was it the fact that I spoke about how UPS MGMT bullied a former co-worker to the point where he hung himself? Or could it be any other of the TRUE incidents that have occurred at UPS over my 26 years there? We are unable to speak our minds at UPS, and now on a open forum we are being censored ? We live in America, where thank GOD we are given certain freedoms. If Brown Cafe is truly a site for UPSers to converse then what is the need for censorship? I do understand no cuss words, or vulgar subjects, but when we are discussing, or making a statement that has truth to it that does not favor UPS or another entity, why is it removed ? Speaking for myself, all my post are either true stories, or my opinion of what ever thread I am responding to . Removing responses or threads only make it appear that the person who removes such has a bias, or has been instructed by a higher up to not allow the words to get out.. Such a shame...[/QUOTE

This is the truth and it hurts!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I, and other people could tell stories of horror from this or any other of the thousands of respected companies. Really a story you have of a guy who hung himself? I think we know why. Big brother is watching, and no one in their right mind would let a story, unless based on a factual news article, would allow that to be posted. It was "your" take on it?
And it is not like we go through every post every night. Hint, most of us work all day, just like you. We only respond mostly to what is reported to us.
Glad you understand the vulgarity part, whew.
Yes the truth hurts. Look around at our government, exactly how much does it hurt. Yet posts about it are allowed, the threats and the hatred, in all political campaigns, has been deleted so you can read with pleasure. If its not please report, and someone will get to it.
This is a respected site. Where else would fed ex go? yet our host made room for them.
During political and contract times, we get lots of newbies who wish to re invent the wheel. For them the TOS is clearly stated. Read it.
Yes its a free country, so far, but with all that is being monitored by the recent scandals, I think twice about what I make public. Maybe you should also, and anyone else who thinks reckless comments may not come back and haunt them. If you got big cajones, feel free to post it elsewhere, we will delete it here to save you from yourself.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why is it that we can not express our feelings or daily events on this site.. I too have had post' removed for an unknown reason.. Was it the fact that I spoke about how UPS MGMT bullied a former co-worker to the point where he hung himself? Or could it be any other of the TRUE incidents that have occurred at UPS over my 26 years there? We are unable to speak our minds at UPS, and now on a open forum we are being censored ? We live in America, where thank GOD we are given certain freedoms. If Brown Cafe is truly a site for UPSers to converse then what is the need for censorship? I do understand no cuss words, or vulgar subjects, but when we are discussing, or making a statement that has truth to it that does not favor UPS or another entity, why is it removed ? Speaking for myself, all my post are either true stories, or my opinion of what ever thread I am responding to . Removing responses or threads only make it appear that the person who removes such has a bias, or has been instructed by a higher up to not allow the words to get out.. Such a shame...

I went through your last 200 posts and none were removed or altered in any way I could see (wasted 45 minutes of my time).
I did notice 3 of your posts that should have been moderated (... UCKING BASTARDS ring a bell?).

If you would care to give us some hints which of your posts were removed or moderated, we could perhaps offer you some insight.
Posts are normally moderated when a member attacks another member or when foul language is used.

While your posts reflect a vulgar nature in many cases, no one reported them and consequently, they were not moderated.
Most posts that are moderated are the result of other members reporting them.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I went through your last 200 posts and none were removed or altered in any way I could see (wasted 45 minutes of my time).
I did notice 3 of your posts that should have been moderated (... UCKING BASTARDS ring a bell?).

If you would care to give us some hints which of your posts were removed or moderated, we could perhaps offer you some insight.
Posts are normally moderated when a member attacks another member or when foul language is used.

While your posts reflect a vulgar nature in many cases, no one reported them and consequently, they were not moderated.
Most posts that are moderated are the result of other members reporting them.

You be the man hoax. Im not taking 45 minutes of my life to find out where the whambulance is. Off base, uninformed, and a big bully. He owes, us and the site an apology. But then that's just mho.
Most of us are voting no, so why does he think we are against him?

browned out

First they came for the tdu supporters who explained the entire contract (not just the positive aspects), then they came for our benefits, then they let the trolls keep pretending they are hourlys, then the browncafe became BROWN. Do Something.

I'm thinking with a name like Hoffa SUX I'd keep an eye on what he was posting....

Was "Hoffa Sucks" already taken so you had to get creative with your username?

upswife75

Hoffa SUX, you sound like Alex Jones. He claimed a group was so evil they would kill anyone in their way, yet there he is, still alive, in spite of constantly trying to get in their way. Why don't they just kill him, also? Think about what you are insinuating for a moment. If they were censoring you, would they allow you to call them out on it or would they just continue to censor you? If they were really censoring you, why would they let you start this thread at all?

I too had a few posts not show up at first, so I ASKED. I didn't know about the mod queue for new members. They told me and case closed. It isn't a conspiracy.

ogrelord

Ground Down
Your being Censored has nothing to do with real Union issues. Is this a shell game or a bait and switch? Are you guys trolling in mass now? People are coming here to view contract and union issues. Let keep on topic of Union Issues. You guys keep beating that dead horse and see how much longer ya can ride it. Just by you being able to post a topic like this in the Wrong forum, show the lack of censorship . This isn't the only post you have brought this up in right? Just proves that you guys are trolling.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would I be notified if I had a post censored, giving the reason so that I could avoid doing it the next time?

When a mod censors a post but does not delete it you will see their name and the reason at the bottom of the post. For example, if you use a personal name, personal attack or profanity, the word(s) will be censored (*******) and the mod will give their name (Over) and the reason (use of personal name).

If your posts are in constant need of moderation you will receive a PM asking that you learn to play nice with others.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
But the pro Hoffa and pro UPS management people that personally attack you won't get censored or monitored. There's a reason that every moderator in this website is pro Hoffa, pro UPS management and pro YES on the worse contract in UPS Teamsters history!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
But the pro Hoffa and pro UPS management people that personally attack you won't get censored or monitored. There's a reason that every moderator in this website is pro Hoffa, pro UPS management and pro YES on the worse contract in UPS Teamsters history!

WOW, you just keep pushing that rock up the hill !!!!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
You really should work on your trolling skills because now you're just making yourself look silly. Have you noticed Scratch's signature lately?

over9five

Staff member

You really should work on your trolling skills because now you're just making yourself look silly. Have you noticed Scratch's signature lately?

I am also on record as a No vote. You've totally lost any credibility you had here, Hoffa SUX.
​Time to try another screen name?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Censored? Come on! I will tell you what i think about them... They are a couple of

The End