Center manager wants me to run scratch or 30 in the box

On the 9.5 list. Had 5 ride along in 3 weeks. When supervisor rides with doesn't it seem you get better time allowance. Is it because 20 min automatic subtracted from the total time for communication (as they called it). Management denied it. Got warning letter for production(25 over). Can't get much trouble over this? Right? Union doesn't recognize their # cause UPS can change the # to their pleasing?

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
On the 9.5 list. Had 5 ride along in 3 weeks. When supervisor rides with doesn't it seem you get better time allowance. Is it because 20 min automatic subtracted from the total time for communication (as they called it). Management denied it. Got warning letter for production(25 over). Can't get much trouble over this? Right? Union doesn't recognize their # cause UPS can change the # to their pleasing?
Don't let these clowns game you...stick up for yourself man....(or lady...lol)

Gotout

5 rides in 3 weeks is over-supervision and a violation of article 37.
Adding "communication time" to your ojs ride will likely invalidate the ride in the eyes of a panel. Be sure to have a steward put in a formal request for the "GTS edit log with original and changes" for every day they ride with you. This will show them adding various codes to you ripe card that will impact your planned day.
Discipline for priduction doesn't hold up at a panel, but discipline for methods infractions does. If you look at your Diad after stopping, but before getting out of your seat, here's a WL for not following the "stop car routine" method. If you look after your Diad after getting back to the car, here's a WL for "move out without delay". The up side is that most on-cars these days don't have the methods knowledge to build a case against you like that.
The next thing they will do is come after you of safety, which is easier.
I agree on the suggestions about the 9.5 list and 8 hour requests. File on everything. When your center manager pulls you aside and asks why your filing all the grievances, tell him you really just want to be left alone. He has neither the time or energy to deal with you.

But why listen to me, I GotOut

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

File on everything. When your center manager pulls you aside and asks why your filing all the grievances, tell him you really just want to be left alone. He has neither the time or energy to deal with you.

This is why I am an advocate of sitting down and discussing the situation before putting pen to paper.

Gotout

I think they can only give you one 3 day OJS ride a year. File a grievance on additional rides.
The is contractually correct. You can file, but there is no monetary repercussion for the company. It is helpful if you are painting a bigger picture and ensuring a good defense at a panel.