Central States Pension has been saved.

542thruNthru

We did by voting no. I don't remember those two ( forgot their names already) being involved?
No you got it by reaching out to the west and asking pretty please can you bring us along so we don't get screwed.

Let's put it this way... The west has better contracts, H&W and Pension.. and for some reason you think the two people that couldn't get you any of those is some how better than two people that have been apart of successfully giving the west all 3?

SMH. :)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No you got it by reaching out to the west and asking pretty please can you bring us along so we don't get screwed.

Let's put it this way... The west has better contracts, H&W and Pension.. and for some reason you think the two people that couldn't get you any of those is some how better than two people that have been apart of successfully giving the west all 3?

What plan is your local in?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Do you think the East Coast would be willing to hear this philosophy? I think O’Brien and Zuck have a pretty big hold out here. Especially with the locals. As someone who has read into other supplements, I always have found the West to be much more powerful at a supplemental level.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

If you guys in the West did not continually vote yes on the Master .. maybe we in the Central would able to improve our pension benefits...just saying ..👍

542thruNthru

Do you think the East Coast would be willing to hear this philosophy? I think O’Brien and Zuck have a pretty big hold out here. Especially with the locals. As someone who has read into other supplements, I always have found the West to be much more powerful at a supplemental level.
I've spoken with my BA, Sec Tres and Pres. All think O'brien is a good teamster though all agree that he's too hot headed and impulse to run the IBT. No one likes Zuckerman though except for TDU in my eyes.

Like I've said before I won't be upset if OZ wins but at this moment they are not the teamsters I want leading me into this uncertain future.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Just a friendly reminder to all of the Trump supporters in the Central States Pension Plan; every single Republican in Congress voted against pension relief. Let us all be grateful that Biden can sign this into law.

Pension relief isn’t covid relief. Think about 10% of that pork barrel bull:censored2: bill is actual covid relief. I worked too hard last year to get a free handout this time around. Enjoy your pension when you’re paying huge amounts of inflation and your grandkids are paying down that debt.

542thruNthru

If you guys in the West did not continually vote yes on the Master .. maybe we in the Central would able to improve our pension benefits...just saying ..👍
UPS alone is going to save the central states pension?

Honestly with so many pensions across the country and no one knowing much about their own let alone someone else's. I don't see how anyone can be blamed for hurting central region for voting Yes on prior NMAs.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Pension relief isn’t covid relief. Think about 10% of that pork barrel bull* bill is actual covid relief. I worked too hard last year to get a free handout this time around. Enjoy your pension when you’re paying huge amounts of inflation and your grandkids are paying down that debt.
But you did get the first two free handouts? What did you buy? Was it a pandemic necessity?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
UPS alone is going to save the central states pension?

Honestly with so many pensions across the country and no one knowing much about their own let alone someone else's. I don't see how anyone can be blamed for hurting central region for voting Yes on prior NMAs.

Our pension language is not only in our supplement but somehow got into the Master back in 2008. Even if we voted down the Central supplement, those benefits would still play with the Master passing.

Catch-22...

I totally agree with you... far too many formulas and benefit levels with our pensions...it ends up being a turf war and it does not have to be, and our membership suffers because most of them do not what their benefits will be now and in the future.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

They didn’t vote against the pension relief. Maybe it should be pushed through separately instead of attached to a bill that consists mostly of pork and wasteful spending for other countries? I’m all for saving pensions but the other 90% of that bill is pure garbage. This is the same old game political hacks play. Attaching something most people want to a bill (that has nothing to do with it) and pointing fingers at the opposition when they vote the bill down for what it really is. Like when democrats attach defense spending (pay for our military) to something they know damn well that republicans will vote down only so they can claim republicans are against paying our military. LMFAO. What a bunch of clowns.
Dirty politics. Both sides are to blame