Central States Retirement

badazl

Just wondering if anyone else feels like they get the the runaround when they talked to the UPS retirement fund office.
I notice last year that when I went to UPSER web site, and looked up my retirement that it was not giving any of my part time years toward retirement. I inquired to them, and they said it was correct that I would not be receiving any credit of my part time years. 1.75 years.
I was emailing back and forth with a Deonte. This was pretty long and drawn out so I'll just get to the main point. My main question is when I would have 30 FT vesting years. He responded with (sometime in Dec of 2017) Later that month I received a letter from him saying he had ran all the numbers and it would be May 1 2017 if I continued working at the pace I've been working. He also said check back at first of year to get exact date.
I emailed them two weeks ago, and I received a letter today that said I could retire May of 2018 WTF? I called today and they said Deonte was wrong. We are sorry.
Now I've talked to 3 different people there and got 3 different answers about my PT years of 1.75 here are the reasons.
1.The 1st person I talked to said because I had not worked 1000 hours I was not eligible.
2. 2nd person I talked to said because I had not vested 10 years in the plan
3. Today the 3rd person said, because I left the plan before I turned 25 is why I'm not getting credit.
Now the last 2 drivers that retired at my location, one worked 1 1/2 PT he was 20 when he started. The other was 18 and he worked PT 3 years. They both received credit. Do I have any recourse action? I will have to 33 years for UPS to get my 3400.00

Notretiredyet

Have you tried sending in the retirement estimator forms? Send them in with the dates you have in mind and see what comes back. Its likely your PT years aren't vested in the UPS plan since its less than 5yrs. Remember they are completely separate plans, more than likely you need to get 30 FT years in order to get the $3400 benefit. Ive had friends retire by combining PT and FT years but all had more than 5yrs in the PT plan.