Changes to Residential and Commercial Designations in the DIAD

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UpstateNYUPSer, Jan 14, 2012.

1. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

They call it the dannyboy rule.

4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

UpState is trying to get driver's to read the PCM this weekend so he can say they were working off the clock.

5. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I don't know why this is so difficult. If the delivery location has a bed in it, it is a residential. If the delivery location is a seperate building that looks like a business is run out of it (a parking lot), then its a business. Such as a counrty farm setting that has a barn/building that sells landscaping materials or flowers, or any other seasonal merchandise.

We get paid good money to break off and make service to these customers if need be.

6. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

ok we get to house/ bussiness and they are not home after 5 is it closed or missed or are we leaving a package at a bussiness and hoping for the best

7. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

a bed in it? so i get to sealy matress company and they are closed is it a missed? or a ressy?

8. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

If you get a "sealy matress" company you can DR it. If you get a Sealy Mattress then it would be missed.

9. 40 and out

40 and out Active Member

These new residential rules say same address then residence so no more breaking off to get these businesses delivered before 5:00. These businesses will love being told residential surcharges from now on and driver release whenever we get there. Good decision corporate-not

10. nocturnalbuck

nocturnalbuck Member

i deliver to the Amish many times. They all have a little business shop with an open sign. it's a rezi to me unless they specifically want to sign.