Changing Information

Dustbunny

Help me!
I used the link on this site last year to find some information. The link "UPS info for UPSers". Article 12 stated "The Employer shall not alter the information from the DIAD board, or information recorded throught the use of any other technology, so as to diminish an employees compensable time, without the employees knowledge." After looking this article up again today, I noticed this paragraph has been REMOVED. Can anyone tell me why this would be removed?

Dustbunny

Help me!
I clicked on the link today and that paragraph (the one I need to file with) is missing. Just thought that was weird, with UPS changing units and time allowances so badly here lately.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Perhaps you accidentally checked the UPS NMA 02 - 08, which is also there, and did not contain that language.

Dustbunny

Help me!
Looking at the Handbook now. It also contains that paragraph, which is now missing from the one on-line. Hmmmmm It was there before, I printed it out.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Looking at the Handbook now. It also contains that paragraph, which is now missing from the one on-line. Hmmmmm It was there before, I printed it out.
The link in your quote is to the '02-'08 NMA. Instead, look here: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/ups-teamsters-national-master-agreement.335360/
It contains the updated language for the '08-'13 NMA.
Article 12
Polygraph / Timeclocks
No applicant for employment and no employee will be required to take any form of a lie detector test as
a condition of employment.

Upon request, an employee orthe Union may inspect the record of an employee's time recorded on the
DIAD or other device for previous days' work. An employee will be permitted to examine the operation
record for the current pay period for the purpose of ascertaining his/her hours worked. If an employee
has an issue with his/her hours worked for a particular day, the Employer will provide the
employee, upon written request, with a print out of his/her hours worked.

The Employer shall not alter the information from the DIAD board, or information recorded
through the use of any other technology, so as to diminish an employee’s compensable time,
without the employee’s knowledge. Further, the Employer shall post for an employee’s review, a
copy of the PTE edits for each day. No supervisor shall use a DIAD, or any other information
recorded through the use of any other technology, under the name of an hourly employee unless
the employee is present. This includes for the purpose of training and demonstration.
The Employer agrees to provide forms for the employee to record his/her starting and ending times.
When requested by the Union, time clocks will be left in place for employees to record their work hours
for their own personal use.

Hope this helps.