MDVC Form Changes

browned out

Did anyone notice the major changes in the MDVC form?
2021 MDVC:
I voluntarily and fully authorize UPS to obtain driving records and reports about me for employment purposes, as set forth in the separate Disclosure of Intention to Obtain Driving Records for Employment Purposes provided to me. This authorization shall remain in effect for the remainder of my employment with UPS and shall allow UPS to obtain subsequent driving records and reports about me at any time so as to update, renew, extend or evaluate my continued employment, or to consider me for other employment positions, except where prohibited by applicable law. • I also voluntarily and fully authorize the release of all information and records necessary for the completion of the driving records and reports authorized by me above. • I understand I must notify my supervisor the next business day if my driving privilege has been suspended, revoked, or cancelled, or if I have been disqualified from operating a commercial vehicle. •

Someone can maybe post the previous version. The old version was basically this; that's it.

Please do not write any Driver's License Information on this form
I certify that the following is a true and complete list of traffic violations (other than parking violations) for which I have
been convicted or forfeited bond or collateral during the past 12 months. This list includes all violations, in private and/or
commercial vehicles, that I have had charged to me in that period.
Check the box that applies
• I understand I must notify my supervisor the next business day if my driving privilege has been suspended, revoked,
cancelled, or if I have been disqualified from operating a commercial vehicle.

This new version exponentially expands UPS legal access to one's driving record at will.

Quite a drastic change. But I am sure it was negotiated. LOL Yeah Right. The Teamster Leadership is garbage.

Last edited:

browned out

Was anyone provided the Disclosure of Intention to Obtain Driving Records for Employment Purposes?

If not; why in the world would you sign something that states you did?....and without knowing what it consists of?

1615174162719.png

browned out

Check out these two websites and watch the video on the mvrmonitoring.com.

UPS previously was able to check your driving record once per year. UPS will now be able to check on your driving record not just daily but in real time. The new form allows UPS to review the previous 3 to 7 years of your driving record depending on what state your drivers license is registered in.

This new invasion of privacy goes far beyond what is required by the DOT. ( Annual check of MVR going back 1 year)

UPS has weaponized employees' driver records before. In Louisville, At UPS Airlines; UPS coerced, threatened or forced pilot(s) with DUI's or failure to submit to chemical tests to write false, defamatory statements that led to a 22 year UPS 747 pilot being targeted and terminated.

If you know anyone who has been disciplined due to this new Free For All records check; have them file a grievance & call an attorney.

UPS is violating the FCRA Compliance if UPS did not follow the requirements.

Are Your MVRs FCRA Compliant? | Foley

Driver MVR Monitoring - Find out about DUIs/Suspensions & more in real-time

Did UPS negotiate this with the Teamsters? They did not. The Local 243 officer knows nothing about it. He is making inquires now.

This is a major change in working conditions that was not only required to be disclosed but also negotiated.

Maybe the Teamsters can trade off and let UPS have this invasive action in exchange for obvious contract omissions such as 1. Allowing RPCDs to choose their preferred schedule and/or remain Tues to Sat if they desire. & 2. Allowing RPCDs the right to 40 hours by either (4) ten hour days or the right to bump 22.4s on Saturdays.

I do not believe you have to sign it unless you have received the disclosure.

REMEMBER: UPS HAS WEAPONIZED DRIVER MVRs IN THE PAST. UPS HAS PRESSURED EMPLOYEES TO WRITE FALSE STATEMENTS IN ORDER TO TARGET OTHER EMPLOYEES FOR DISCHARGE.

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
At least you found the damn thing. It took me 30 minutes just to find where they moved the MVDC link.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Did anyone notice the major changes in the MDVC form?
2021 MDVC:
I voluntarily and fully authorize UPS to obtain driving records and reports about me for employment purposes, as set forth in the separate Disclosure of Intention to Obtain Driving Records for Employment Purposes provided to me. This authorization shall remain in effect for the remainder of my employment with UPS and shall allow UPS to obtain subsequent driving records and reports about me at any time so as to update, renew, extend or evaluate my continued employment, or to consider me for other employment positions, except where prohibited by applicable law. • I also voluntarily and fully authorize the release of all information and records necessary for the completion of the driving records and reports authorized by me above. • I understand I must notify my supervisor the next business day if my driving privilege has been suspended, revoked, or cancelled, or if I have been disqualified from operating a commercial vehicle. •

Someone can maybe post the previous version. The old version was basically this; that's it.

Please do not write any Driver's License Information on this form
I certify that the following is a true and complete list of traffic violations (other than parking violations) for which I have
been convicted or forfeited bond or collateral during the past 12 months. This list includes all violations, in private and/or
commercial vehicles, that I have had charged to me in that period.
Check the box that applies
• I understand I must notify my supervisor the next business day if my driving privilege has been suspended, revoked,
cancelled, or if I have been disqualified from operating a commercial vehicle.

This new version exponentially expands UPS legal access to one's driving record at will.

Quite a drastic change. But I am sure it was negotiated. LOL Yeah Right. The Teamster Leadership is garbage.

Check out these two websites and watch the video on the mvrmonitoring.com.

UPS previously was able to check your driving record once per year. UPS will now be able to check on your driving record not just daily but in real time. The new form allows UPS to review the previous 3 to 7 years of your driving record depending on what state your drivers license is registered in.

This new invasion of privacy goes far beyond what is required by the DOT. ( Annual check of MVR going back 1 year)

UPS has weaponized employees' driver records before. In Louisville, At UPS Airlines; UPS coerced, threatened or forced pilot(s) with DUI's or failure to submit to chemical tests to write false, defamatory statements that led to a 22 year UPS 747 pilot being targeted and terminated.

If you know anyone who has been disciplined due to this new Free For All records check; have them file a grievance & call an attorney.

UPS is violating the FCRA Compliance if UPS did not follow the requirements.

Are Your MVRs FCRA Compliant? | Foley

Driver MVR Monitoring - Find out about DUIs/Suspensions & more in real-time

Did UPS negotiate this with the Teamsters? They did not. The Local 243 officer knows nothing about it. He is making inquires now.

This is a major change in working conditions that was not only required to be disclosed but also negotiated.

Maybe the Teamsters can trade off and let UPS have this invasive action in exchange for obvious contract omissions such as 1. Allowing RPCDs to choose their preferred schedule and/or remain Tues to Sat if they desire. & 2. Allowing RPCDs the right to 40 hours by either (4) ten hour days or the right to bump 22.4s on Saturdays.

I do not believe you have to sign it unless you have received the disclosure.

REMEMBER: UPS HAS WEAPONIZED DRIVER MVRs IN THE PAST. UPS HAS PRESSURED EMPLOYEES TO WRITE FALSE STATEMENTS IN ORDER TO TARGET OTHER EMPLOYEES FOR DISCHARGE.

Umm....OK.

If this is such a big deal, what have you done about it ?

You're a UPS pkg driver right ?

The Teamster Leadership is garbage.

The Local 243 officer knows nothing about it.

What ever happened with all those NLRB charges you filed against Local 243 ?

-Bug-

browned out

Umm....OK.

If this is such a big deal, what have you done about it ?

You're a UPS pkg driver right ?
I have requested the disclosure from UPS; submitted our concerns to local 243 leadership, corresponded with counsel specializing in labor law, and will email Carol within the next few days. What else do you suggest we do? Help us out BUG.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
UPS is paying us to drive a 10,000 pound torpedo on a public road. I think they are entitled to know about our driving record, I dont see how that is “weaponizing” anything. Maintaining a valid drivers license is Adulting 101. Dont drink and drive, make sure you have insurance, and either dont get any tickets or pay them on time if you do. If you cant handle that level of basic responsibility then maybe you need to get a different job.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
it can not be volunteer or required. if theybsay younare required or youre pulled off the road then its time for war. that is extortion, legally and lawfully. i will be submitting a letter revocing my volunteer statis. ill let you know how it goes.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
it can not be volunteer or required. if theybsay younare required or youre pulled off the road then its time for war. that is extortion, legally and lawfully. i will be submitting a letter revocing my volunteer statis. ill let you know how it goes.
Hopefully you spell learn to spell status and use correct punctuation in your letter. Good luck and keep us posted.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Tell them you're asserting your right as a Free Man on the Land not to enter into an enforced contract.