Chema feeder rat?

MissedBusiness

NotReallyAMember
Seems this feeder was shifting an got fed up with other feeder drivers shifting. He was doing his moves an the others were reding the paper or whatever between moves. So he was doing most of the work.
Got pissed and went to the big boss and complained. Threw his brothers under the bus.

beentheredonethat

Seems this feeder was shifting an got fed up with other feeder drivers shifting. He was doing his moves an the others were reding the paper or whatever between moves. So he was doing most of the work.
Got pissed and went to the big boss and complained. Threw his brothers under the bus.
What happened to a fair days work for a fair days pay? You guys like to use that quote a lot. So a person "per your quote" is not doing his job and reading the paper or whatever". Shouldn't the blame be placed on the person not doing a fair days work?

W

want to retire

Gee, go on our yard and one guy will be uh resting, one reading a paper and perhaps others working their asses off. And then the deck is shuffled and someone else gets a break. Seems normal.

Start with the shop steward and go from there.

And he'll do what? His reply will be the same as Ovah's.

Do your job, mind your own business.

Is that your mantra on a Friday night when you want to go but they need you to stay because they're behind in work possibly because of your coworkers?

If they're using the same shiftcoms we are they know where everyone is, how much work they have done, how much time has elapsed since they began and completed the move. The guys sitting around think they're sly but management knows everything they are doing.............if they want to go to the trouble of looking. Funny, the sitters are also the first ones to cry over harassment too.

over9five

Staff member
If they're using the same shiftcoms we are they know where everyone is, how much work they have done, how much time has elapsed since they began and completed the move. The guys sitting around think they're sly but management knows everything they are doing.............if they want to go to the trouble of looking. Funny, the sitters are also the first ones to cry over harassment too.

Lol, that's exactly what I said.

So what's your answer?

Lol, that's exactly what I said.

So what's your answer?

Actually I'm pretty much on the same page as you. I have my pace that I work. Not too fast, not too slow, but my wheels are always rolling. But the other thing is when it's time to leave I leave. The well rested guys can cover for me at that point.

Flipside to the topic. Has anyone had someone come up and tell you to slow down because you're standing out from the crowd?

When I was a casual trying to get a FT bid I would smoke delivery areas. A couple of the older guys pulled me aside for a little chat.

I'm not talking running and gunning. I'm talking working at a pace that is safe but without "rest periods". Naturally your numbers will stand out from the others. And then they want you to slow down to prevent that. My pace, being a long term overnighter, is one that helps me stay awake. That's it, my only goal. I could care less what the numbers are or how it makes the others look.