Feeder call up

I did feeders last peak season, of course I was a qualified feeder driver, no feeder seniority. In Jan 2023 all qualified feeder drivers got sent back to their package center. Got news I’m going back nov 19. My question is. Can I say no to feeders this peak season? Or am I obligated to go back to feeders?

Local 767

Thebrownblob

I did feeders last peak season, of course I was a qualified feeder driver, no feeder seniority. In Jan 2023 all qualified feeder drivers got sent back to their package center. Got news I’m going back nov 19. My question is. Can I say no to feeders this peak season? Or am I obligated to go back to feeders?

Local 767
Yes, be safe.

Oof. Off almost a whole year to be brought back…UPS really does set people up to fail
Funny part. Found out the only reason qualified feeder drivers are going back to feeders this peak is because in the contract it says. No contractors will be used if there are feeder qualified drivers in package lol. Other words they really didn’t need us back

Johney

Here if you don’t have seniority you can, most don’t. One guy I can remember kept passing on seniority and stayed a shifter then eventually retired.

Trucker Clock

Funny part. Found out the only reason qualified feeder drivers are going back to feeders this peak is because in the contract it says. No contractors will be used if there are feeder qualified drivers in package lol.

That's not what it says.

Other words they really didn’t need us back

No they don't. It is easier to cover a feeder job off the street than a package job. They would rather have you in packages. As a matter of fact, you're supplement says they don't have to use you for peak.

Article 48

5. The tractor-trailer qualified list will be used in filling feeder runs except for the months of November and December.