Christianity

rickyb

@Integrity
I don’t really think about perfection, so I don’t know if I’m a perfect human.
My personal belief that you can apply to anything and everything, “it is what it is”.
Everything is the only way it could ever be and always outside anyone of our control.
but we have moral choice.

i agree many things are out of our control.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Might as well lock this one too; it’s just gonna be another offensive thing for straight Christian men to have to endure. 😢
The thread was locked because of Many personal attacks. By pretty much all the posters in the thread. It seemed nicer than handing out bans.

Since this seems like it’s a problem, I’ll do it the other way.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The thread was locked because of Many personal attacks. By pretty much all the posters in the thread. It seemed nicer than handing out bans.

Since this seems like it’s a problem, I’ll do it the other way.
Thank you for serving the BC Community I appreciate your job, I am sure it is thankless most of the time.

Enjoy your day.

rickyb

It appears to me that the main reason for focusing on drag queen story hour isn’t protection of kids, it’s hatred of anything gay.
Why aren’t Christians with rifles outside churches that cover up sex crimes against minor? No instead they show up to bash any accepting gayness. It’s homophobia, that’s also in your ancient myth book.
LOL
1709919530613.png

this is true though. its been coopted like the democrat party.

El Correcto

god is dead
but we have moral choice.

i agree many things are out of our control.
I don’t think so, I’ve seen too many people choose bad and destroy themselves to think they really had a choice in the matter.

You may have a choice between the options you see available to you and what you are driven towards from life experience and mental capabilities, but you definitely don’t have a choice of those options. It’s why sitting people down for counseling to discuss their life in an objective oriented way is so important, helps them see the other options available to them and equip them mentally to make those options.

But even the choice to go to therapy or feel like that is option is a big ask in this country.

Last edited:

rickyb

I don’t think so, I’ve seen too many people choose bad and destroy themselves to think they really had a choice in the matter.

You may have a choice between the options you see available to you and what you are driven towards from life experience and mental capabilities, but you definitely don’t have a choice of those options. It’s why sitting people down for counseling to discuss their life in an objective oriented way is so important, helps them see the other options available to them and equip them mentally to make those options.

But even the choice to go to therapy or feel like that is option is a big ask in this country.
i think morality is usually a choice between lesser evils

america has anger problems. like darth vader.

Integrity

Binge Poster

I believe God gave the freedom to choose to humans. I do believe that human condition and experience shows that there exists inherent limitations to this freedom to choose.

El Correcto

god is dead
I believe God gave the freedom to choose to humans. I do believe that human condition and experience shows that there exists inherent limitations to this freedom to choose.
I don’t agree, people born mentally handicap(seriously no fault of their own, love them and wish them the best) do not have free will on the same level as you and me.
These people will never end up on a path to be a Bezo or Musk.

El Correcto

god is dead
One thing I share with religious people is a view point of “God’s plan”. It’s a hard determinist stance that is not yet proved, but free will seems to be taking the same stance as the theists do when discussing their god.

It is free will of the gaps, same as when evolution focused biologist discuss “random” mutations. Just another way of saying we don’t have enough information to know how that works yet.

I don’t believe in free will and I do not believe in random. I just believe these are our ignorance.

1710520903873.jpeg

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don’t agree, people born mentally handicap(seriously no fault of their own, love them and wish them the best) do not have free will on the same level as you and me.
These people will never end up on a path to be a Bezo or Musk.
Yes seems like we agree that the human condition and experience shows that there exists inherent limitations to this freedom to choose.

Integrity

Binge Poster
One thing I share with religious people is a view point of “God’s plan”. It’s a hard determinist stance that is not yet proved, but free will seems to be taking the same stance as the theists do when discussing their god.

It is free will of the gaps, same as when evolution focused biologist discuss “random” mutations. Just another way of saying we don’t have enough information to know how that works yet.

I don’t believe in free will and I do not believe in random. I just believe these are our ignorance.

View attachment 475316
I respect your freedom to choose to believe this.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Yes seems like we agree that the human condition and experience shows that there exists inherent limitations to this freedom to choose.
Inherent "limitations" do not affect the freedom to choose. You either have choice or you don't.
Genetic, environmental , etc. factors will and can make it more difficult to make the right choice, but it is still a choice.
The same way, those factors can and will make it possible to choose do the right thing, easy.

El Correcto

god is dead
Inherent "limitations" do not affect the freedom to choose. You either have choice or you don't.
Genetic, environmental , etc. factors will and can make it more difficult to make the right choice, but it is still a choice.
The same way, those factors can and will make it possible to choose do the right thing, easy.
Inherent limitation affect the options you can choose from.
Having limited options limits your “free will”.
The more we learn about neurology and psychology the more we see people’s limits on choosing. I think with enough data and information you could perfectly predict which option they would choose out of their limited options.

El Correcto

god is dead
I started seeing people “choose” to die at middle school age. I’ve seen many more “choose” to die before their thirties. I’ve seen full grown individual with children and grandchildren “choose” to kill themselves later in life.

You’re telling me this is a choice and I don’t believe you.