Christianity

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Inherent limitation affect the options you can choose from.
Having limited options limits your “free will”.
The more we learn about neurology and psychology the more we see people’s limits on choosing. I think with enough data and information you could perfectly predict which option they would choose out of their limited options.
It doesn't limit free will.
It only limits the options.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I started seeing people “choose” to die at middle school age. I’ve seen many more “choose” to die before their thirties. I’ve seen full grown individual with children and grandchildren “choose” to kill themselves later in life.

You’re telling me this is a choice and I don’t believe you.
Yep.
Not a good choice. Or, the right one.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Inherent "limitations" do not affect the freedom to choose. You either have choice or you don't.
Genetic, environmental , etc. factors will and can make it more difficult to make the right choice, but it is still a choice.
The same way, those factors can and will make it possible to choose do the right thing, easy.

Inherent "limitations" do not affect the freedom to choose. You either have choice or you don't.
Genetic, environmental , etc. factors will and can make it more difficult to make the right choice, but it is still a choice.
The same way, those factors can and will make it possible to choose do the right thing, easy.
No limitations???

You have got to be kidding, no?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I started seeing people “choose” to die at middle school age. I’ve seen many more “choose” to die before their thirties. I’ve seen full grown individual with children and grandchildren “choose” to kill themselves later in life.

You’re telling me this is a choice and I don’t believe you.
Example of limitations.

El Correcto

god is dead
I suggest you choose different expectations of my replies.

You may avoid future disappointment if you do.

Your choice.
I never had high expectation of a god believer to begin with. I just hope you take to heart what I point out to you and respond in an honest manner.

Tou ask me about consciousness and stuff like that I’m pulling sources and explaining myself, not resorting to some rhetorical gotcha statement, unless I am aggrevated at the time, which I do try to avoid being.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I never had high expectation of a god believer to begin with. I just hope you take to heart what I point out to you and respond in an honest manner.

Tou ask me about consciousness and stuff like that I’m pulling sources and explaining myself, not resorting to some rhetorical gotcha statement, unless I am aggrevated at the time, which I do try to avoid being.
You said you expect better, I simply suggested you don’t.

All good.

El Correcto

god is dead
Free will advocates and hard determinist end up in the compatibilist stale mate, but all the evidence driving to this state is solidly hard determinist, free will exists in the gaps of knowledge that we can’t argue against based on facts.

It is the same as god in a lot of ways.