Congratulations to drivers "Up North"

ideliver2u67

20 Down
I have lived near Buffalo all my life, and yes you do kinda get used to the snow. But what you dont get used to is the idiot drivers that must of grown up where there was no snow. There like managers at christmas, they now its coming, but it still suprises them like its their first time. But we are only 2 months into winter and I am already sick of it, bring on the heat and humidity.

bigbrownhen

Layers, layers, layers. Growing up on a farm, those cows had to be milked and the calves had to be fed no matter what. You do kinda get used to it, but you never really like it. You just learn to deal, and plan ahead as to what your going to wear. With temps dropping from the low 20s to wind chills below zero tomorrow, I plan on wearing 2 pair of longjohns and a turtle neck under my uniform.

I admire those of you that have to drive in the ice and snow every year. I would hate to have to do that, and I would probably find another way to make a living. I guess if you grow up in it, you just get used to it. Its just the opposite of how it gets too hot and humid down here in the Summer. Usually we have about one or two ice events a year around here. I have only missed work once and that was about twenty years ago, I couldn't get out of my subdivision because the street iced up and the power went out for a few days.

We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow, I heard the airlines have already cancelled about a hundred flights out of the airport tomorrow. It will be fun getting home tomorrow night.

Just stay over at Hoax`s house.

terrymac

Well, im down south, and Its gonna get cool, so Im gonna pack an extra samich , maybe a thermos of coco, fuzzy underwear, and maybe some of that ultra soft toilet paper.. that dont leave paper flakes on the bears but

Re-Raise

Biggest problem with ice/cold/snow is that there is absolutely no adjustment made to your dispatch. You are expected to maintain the same pace year round. Snow coming tomorrow and half the building worked until 8 tonight with relatively clean roads. 1-7 should be a beaut!

Add to that the late start because the trailers don't get to us on time and it makes for a pretty interesting day.

Oh well, its no hill for a climber.

CharleyHustle

Up here we have a saying "the more the snow the more the dough". Actually it kinda takes the pressure off, most managers will understand the limits snow presents. A few missed pkgs are better than an accident or injury. When we get snow the PCM is "no accidents, injurys or stucks", and how to find the emergency condition key.

Unless you have experienced it you can't imagine how easy it is to get a UPS truck stuck. 7 cubes are horrible in the snow and sprinters are worse. Usually in Febuary I'm the highest paid snow shoveler in the county.

wornoutupser

Up here we have a saying "the more the snow the more the dough". Actually it kinda takes the pressure off, most managers will understand the limits snow presents. A few missed pkgs are better than an accident or injury. When we get snow the PCM is "no accidents, injurys or stucks", and how to find the emergency condition key.

Unless you have experienced it you can't imagine how easy it is to get a UPS truck stuck. 7 cubes are horrible in the snow and sprinters are worse. Usually in Febuary I'm the highest paid snow shoveler in the county.

I drive a P-7 and understand fully how easy it is to stick one...but down here it is in sugar sand. We get automatic warning letters!